cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Z690-I Gaming AIO Pump Header Control

iQyThradz3137i
Level 8
I have a question i am doing a SFF build and i am curious are you able to control the AIO Pump when connected to the AIO Pump header via AISuite or Bios?
5 REPLIES 5

RedSector73
Level 12
What do you mean by control ?

An AIO pump flows at a set rate, it is not variable.

RedSector73 wrote:

Not true. There may be some AIOs with a fixed speed pump, but many have PWM control over the pump. The ROG Ryujin series certainly does, and I think all of the ROG AIOs do (not 100% on that, as the spec sheets and manuals for them are not 100% clear on it, I just know for certain the Ryujin pumps are controllable and I've seen other AIOs that take PWM control). My Ryujin II can vary between 840 and 2800 rpm on the pump, not entirely certain what the nominal spec is for it (both fans and pumps can vary a little from their nominal spec).

On the original question, I believe ASUS normally set the AIO_PUMP and W_PUMP headers to fixed 100% by default. Check the Q-fan settings in the BIOS. It might not be configurable on all boards, that's where to look first. I can certainly adjust them on my board.

RedSector73 wrote:

This is DEFINITELY INACCURATE.

AIO Pump Header can be manually set & controlled using the QFan Control panel in the board's UEFI and can be over ride by the AISuite Software. I know this cause I have changed mine, though I use it as a secondly header for my heatsink.
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

cekeu
Level 12
EK AIO Elite I set it from 80% to 100% and it is less audible like that. EK AIO is tuned and only syncronized with motherboard BIOS but it can also be tuned with AI Suite 3

So if i connect my AIO Fans to CPU header i can control them based on CPU temp and with the AIO Pump which i am using the Phanteks Glacier is connected to the AIO Pump header i can control it Via AI suite 3