cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus SDK v3.0

kekkokk
Level 7
It seems that new SDKs were published but no one mentioned them https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/uk/AURA-ready.php
Is there any reason?

For example I cannot cast a Claymore keyboard to an IAuraSyncKeyboard or any other classes
And in my Thinkpad the library takes between 1 and 2 minutes to return from function Enumerate, instead on my main pc which has a z270e mb and strix 1080 gpu and 2 gskill dram modules it enumerates immediately.
I just cannot comprehend why a strix flare can be converted to a keyboard object but the claymore not.
Anyone can help?

Also, the tutorial in the docs does not works for me:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using AuraServiceLib;
using System.Diagnostics;

namespace ConsoleApp2
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
IAuraSdk sdk = new AuraSdk();
sdk.SwitchMode();
IAuraSyncDeviceCollection devices = sdk.Enumerate(0x00080000); // 0 means all
IAuraSyncDevice claymore = devices[0];
// Traverse all LED's
foreach (IAuraRgbLight light in claymore.Lights)
{
// Set all LED's to blue
light.Color = 0x00FF0000;
}
// Apply colors that we have just set
claymore.Apply();
}
}
}

Instead, the sdlAuraDemo (which is written in c++ instead of c#) partially works:
I can in fact see al my keys becoming blue when i launch the game and when pressing the space bar to "fire" all leds becomes yellow.
The strange thing is that in the code documentation these lines appears:

// W-A-S-D and SPACE must be WHITE all the time.
// R should be flashing when Reload is needed.
// F1 ~ F4: Ammo count status

but this is not the case. all lights are blue!

At this point seems to me that the claymore is not seen as a "keyboard" but as a generic device. Can you at least confirm this? Is there any plan to realease an updated firmware for the claymore to support a proper "keyboard" handling?

It's been 3 years that I have this keyboard and I always had to write my own AURORA integration since armoury really sucks because no colors laybers can be set.

And It's been 3 years that I had to fight with undocumented and partially not working Dev SDKs.
It it possible that the new sdks sees my keyboard as a "keyboard" named "Armoury" and It can't take the control?
In the new sdks website the claymore result as a supported device. has anyone at least tried once?

Note that at the time there were NO KEYBOARDS that cost as much as the claymore. And If it was not for the beautiful design I will have thrown in the garbage no matter what i've spent since there was never been any help from asus to make it works properly.

This hardware has a full rgb AURA sync potential, it just does not work 'cause nobody cares to make it works since no one bought one.
Can you please do something or make me in contact with one of your devs which may be give some advice? or at least spend 2 hours of your life trying to document slightly better on how to use these sdks?

It's really frustrating this situation

EDIT 1:
I managed to make it works using IAuraDevice instead of IAuraSync device and managing the rgbs as light instead of keys. Still don't understand the mapping between keys and lights. This restrict my development to my keyboard layout and the rgb light change when i switch the numpad from right to left. Is there any piece of documentation you can give me?
The release function still does not woks
0 REPLIES 0