cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB LED Light Wont Come On

GeneralT001
Level 7
Hi,

I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB. Originally the LED light on it worked fine and synced with the RAM LEDs (G Skillz Trident). Now I can't get the MB LED light to come on?

In Aurora the Motherboard category is not lit up (greyed out) - any idea how to get this back?
7 REPLIES 7

GeneralT001
Level 7
So I spoke with ASUS and they had me unplug the 12pin power to the MB, remove the video card and take the battery out - all to no avail as the MB LED light is still out and the MB isn't available in Aura (greyed out).

The only time I get any indication of a light in the RGB on the MB is when I initially turn the power of the PSU on - the RGB light flickers for an instant and that's it. I've had the MB for less than a week and it did initially work but now doesn't and as I mentioned it is greyed out and unavail in the Aura software.

It is turned on in the BIOS (0606) and I do have the latest BETA Aura.

ASUS thinks I need to send the board in for repair but I don't want to be without a computer for weeks - can't they just send me a new MB with an RMA to send back the defunct one?

GeneralT001 wrote:
So I spoke with ASUS and they had me unplug the 12pin power to the MB, remove the video card and take the battery out - all to no avail as the MB LED light is still out and the MB isn't available in Aura (greyed out).

The only time I get any indication of a light in the RGB on the MB is when I initially turn the power of the PSU on - the RGB light flickers for an instant and that's it. I've had the MB for less than a week and it did initially work but now doesn't and as I mentioned it is greyed out and unavail in the Aura software.

It is turned on in the BIOS (0606) and I do have the latest BETA Aura.

ASUS thinks I need to send the board in for repair but I don't want to be without a computer for weeks - can't they just send me a new MB with an RMA to send back the defunct one?

Check the following.

• Reboot your system and enter the BIOS. Open the main tab and check the field “LED EC”. Does a text is written in front?
  • YES, then go to Advanced -> Onboard Devices configuration -> RGB LED Lighting -> Make sure it’s ON
  • NO, shut down your computer and check that the LED connector is properly plugged. Depending on your motherboard model, the connector is differently located.

Which version of AURA are you using?
Do you have any other lighting software installed?
You can try to do a clean install of Windows to get them back on.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Check the following.

• Reboot your system and enter the BIOS. Open the main tab and check the field “LED EC”. Does a text is written in front?
  • YES, then go to Advanced -> Onboard Devices configuration -> RGB LED Lighting -> Make sure it’s ON
  • NO, shut down your computer and check that the LED connector is properly plugged. Depending on your motherboard model, the connector is differently located.

Hi,

In the BIOS it shows the following wrt EC:

• EC Version - MBEC-Z370-0201
  • LED EC Version - AUMA0-E6K5-0104
  • LED EC2 Version - AULA1-S072-0203

The light is "On" in the BIOS.

I am using the latest Beta release 1.05.32.02 but have also tried .28 release. Both don't work.

GeneralT001 wrote:
Hi,

In the BIOS it shows the following wrt EC:

• EC Version - MBEC-Z370-0201
  • LED EC Version - AUMA0-E6K5-0104
  • LED EC2 Version - AULA1-S072-0203

The light is "On" in the BIOS.

I am using the latest Beta release 1.05.32.02 but have also tried .28 release. Both don't work.

Sharing your fix.

For the ones having the same problem, please install the 1.04.29 version of AURA and report if it worked.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

can you please provide a download link, thank you!

matija. wrote:
can you please provide a download link, thank you!

Heres the one ASUS provided me:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Lighting_Control_1.04.29_20170419.zip?_ga=2.62417839.248...

For some reason the download would get hung up around 96% (for me anyway) but eventually it does finish downloading.

AkaNe0 wrote:
Check the following.

Hi, i've just recently got the same problem with the new bios. The mobo rbg isnt turning on at all, ive tired going into the bios and switching the rbg led lighting on and off a few times.

Bios: 0607
EC verison: MBEC-Z370-0203
LED EC Version:
LED EC2 Version: AULA1-5072-0203