cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Rampage V Extreme 5.1 Surround sound "Help Support"

partiesplayin
Level 7
I am having problems with 5.1 surround sound with my newly acquired logitech z5500 surround sound set motherboard listed above . Let me explain the issues i'm encountering .

So even within the software when i do a 5.1 test it fails to make sound in the rear right speaker in 6 ch. Direct mode . When i do a surround sound test on youtube it fails to produce sound on the 2 rear speakers during the test and just replicates the sound on the 2 front speakers . I do a 5.1 test in windows it also fails to produce sound in the rear right speaker and does the rear front instead. I have tried all different settings i can find but seems like something is screwy. I removed and reinstalled my audio driver via asus website.

This may require some repair on the development end of things, but someone else would need to test this . I have the latest bios version 3701.
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
6 channel direct mode puts through just what was recorded, aka direct. Sometimes you may not get more than 2 channels. All on the source. You need to try something with 5 channels, 5.1 is 5 channels and a sub. FL, FR, Rl, RR, Center and sub

BigJohnny wrote:
6 channel direct mode puts through just what was recorded, aka direct. Sometimes you may not get more than 2 channels. All on the source. You need to try something with 5 channels, 5.1 is 5 channels and a sub. FL, FR, Rl, RR, Center and sub

Okay, but I get same results when I have it in Dolby II music or movie modes. I never get a full proper reproduction of 5.1 surround no matter where I do the test.

So, i fired up a game today while listening to music on windows media player, and i got slowdown crackling and other static noise's . This is obviously a driver issue . I am now using the default windows driver ATM and that paticular problem has now vanished .but still cant get 5.1 surround sound to work properly. Is there a realtek audio driver update for this motherboard ?