cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus please update LiveDash

RoGHoliday
Level 9
I believe the latest windows update has broken the already 3/4 broken, flakey, PoS software known as LiveDash. After paying a premium price for a (hardware wise) exceptional closed loop cooler I am stuck with windows refusing me to launch live dash unless I manually disable User Account Control. Fire and replace the half wits you have developing your software for hardware as they obviously lied on the employment application.
8 REPLIES 8

1mluer
Level 11
You might want to try to right click the .exe for livedash, go into properties and click run as administrator .. Might help
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
You might want to try to right click the .exe for livedash, go into properties and click run as administrator .. Might help

Doesn't LiveDash ask for administrator rights anyway when you open it normally? I don't think doing that would give you any different results.

Either way, LiveDash 1.05.02 really needs improvements. The only temporary solution I have to any of my Aura/LiveDash problems is restarting LightingService in Task Manager...
The Vicious Cycle of the Armoury Crate:

• Select a device to change its settings.
  • "Required to do device update to continue"
  • Check for device updates.
  • No new updates found.
  • Go back to step 1.

Cappycot wrote:
Doesn't LiveDash ask for administrator rights anyway when you open it normally? I don't think doing that would give you any different results.

Either way, LiveDash 1.05.02 really needs improvements. The only temporary solution I have to any of my Aura/LiveDash problems is restarting LightingService in Task Manager...

Just making sure it is running under administrator privileges. He might also want to go to the support section of the main site for his motherboard and go to utilities and get the recommended latest version of livedash for his motherboard.

That is how I fixed mine.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Cappycot wrote:

Right you are. Since LiveDash isn't listed under motherboard utilities and drivers..(because it's meant for another hardware product all together) I'm going to have to wait for Asus to release a valid / renewed certificate.

Gofran
Level 8
Hi i have only the issue that its not saving profile i need to every time click on the rotate does any one has the same issue's

Gofran wrote:
Hi i have only the issue that its not saving profile i need to every time click on the rotate does any one has the same issue's

Try it manually : C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\LiveDash\Settings.ini
start Editor as Admin
make a 1 for Rotation and Restart LiveDash.

worked for me

1mluer
Level 11
I realized that the latest version of livedash takes almost 5 minutes to startup after the system booting. Sometimes none of the programs starts up such as Aura sync and I have to go into services and restart the lightingservice. Then and only then will Aura Sync kick in and load up within 30 seconds of the lightingservice restart and livedash about 2 minutes later.

I think the lighting service is about 50% of the problems.
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti

ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I realized that the latest version of livedash takes almost 5 minutes to startup after the system booting. Sometimes none of the programs starts up such as Aura sync and I have to go into services and restart the lightingservice. Then and only then will Aura Sync kick in and load up within 30 seconds of the lightingservice restart and livedash about 2 minutes later.

I think the lighting service is about 50% of the problems.

u can edit ur Setting manually if u want xD.

C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\OledLastProfile.xml

u Need a Editor as admin mode, after a Restart it should load ur stuff.