cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Motherboard Fan Control Service

Ferroax
Level 7
Hello, I already posted this before on the Armoury crate section but this is related to Asus product so I am posting this here again, I would really like to have some insight on this issue here.

"Whenever I restart or shutdown my pc I keep getting this message in the reliability monitor. Its started happening after I update Armoury crate to the recent version(4.2.5.0). Didn't had this issue before. Also just to be clear it does not causing any issue to the fans, they work fine, its just that my reliability monitor now full of RED X's.

ASUS Motherboard Fan Control service - stopped working

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.01.11\AsusFanControlService.exe

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 610b8c15
Fault Module Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.0
...etc"

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Ferroax
Level 7
Disabling AsusFanControlService in services window fixed the issue.

dyxlxcl
Level 7
Ferroax wrote:
Hello, I already posted this before on the Armoury crate section but this is related to Asus product so I am posting this here again, I would really like to have some insight on this issue here.

"Whenever I restart or shutdown my pc I keep getting this message in the reliability monitor. Its started happening after I update Armoury crate to the recent version(4.2.5.0). Didn't had this issue before. Also just to be clear it does not causing any issue to the fans, they work fine, its just that my reliability monitor now full of RED X's.

ASUS Motherboard Fan Control service - stopped working

Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.01.11\AsusFanControlService.exe

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 610b8c15
Fault Module Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.0
...etc"

Thanks in advance

Great that you've found a way to fix, but will it undermine the overall system performance if you disable the service?

I had the same problem.

In addition, the ArmourySocketServer.exe freezes all the time (I posted about this). I am also full of red X's. The error occurs when the machine is shut down.

I don't know if ASUS will fix the error.

But I do not recommend turning off fan control in services.