cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Fast Charge notifications

creatureye
Level 9
Good evening. I updated all the updates needed in Armory crate and now I have Asus fast charge notifications happening 10+ times a day in windows 10. I only have 3 USB hardware connected. None of them charge. I did not have these notifications previous to the update. I was just going to hide the notifications but worry that there is a root problem with the USB ports, though everything is running good and smooth without issues Im leaning to a bug in the software. Anyone have any ideas? Is it just a bug in the software?

Connected to USB is -
1 EVGA z12 Keyboard wired
2 Logitech G602 Wireless mouse
3 Antelope Audio Zen go audio interface( USBc)

System-
Asus Tuf Gaming z690 plus wifi D4
12900k i9
128gb Gskill RAM
GTX 1660 GPU
Corsair 1000w PSU
19 REPLIES 19

John_Trivett
Level 7

Usually when things go wrong its mostly software , you can check on your USB settings in BIOS , here is a link from youtube although it shows an X570 motherboard from Asus but its similar settings on Z690 Motherboards , but you can also check and make sure all your usb ports have power in BIOS also ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6G2h-smpv4&t=107s

creatureye
Level 9

I never found a real answer as to why these notifications happen. ASUS support had 0 answers for me and just had me shut the notifications off. They happen randomly. sometimes once an hour, sometimes a few times an hour. Sometimes 5 hours will go by without one. Somedays I would have 10+ notifications in 24 hours. I have no issues with my USB ports. Bios is updated to the very latest. All started after an armory crate update. All I can say is shut off the notifications unless you are indeed having issues with your USB ports. 

What's your specific motherboard and power supply?

Asus TUF gaming z690 wifi plus D4
Corsair RM1000e 1000w PSU

I do have an Audio interface connected to my back USBC port. Antelope audio Zen go. 

@creatureye, did you get any answer from Asus? I'm having the same problem. The board is Z790-a Wifi DDR version.

Thanks,

Nope. They told me just to shut off the notifications from task manager or RMA the mobo. 

creatureye
Level 9

I shut the notifications off. Im having 0 USB issue. It charges my phone and tablet. Everything plugged in USB works fine. So I assume its a bug with their software. 

I have a USB flghtstick, an old school controller for Street Fighter, that constantly having issue when plugged in. I tested on USB 3 and 2 and the results are the same (need to plug it in several times). Not a big deal but the notification keeps on popping up makes me wonder if it is related. Thanks for the reply.

Try the flightstick on another machine to rule out that its working correctly or not.
Honestly, if you are having those notifications pop up all day long and having USB issues. Then my assumption would be something wrong with the USB on the mobo. 

I was getting about 40-50 Notifications every week. But I have game controller, Audio interface, USB midi controller, keyboard, mouse, Backup external drive, all connected with 0 issues. So I just completely uninstalled the Asus fast exe all together. 

I just removed the AsusFCNotifications via APPs

I had 39 (!!)  processes active due to this software in startup apps

Screenshot 2023-06-21 091037.png

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C