cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DC HD6870 overclock higher than 1GHZ.

BomberDeluxe
Level 7
Hey guys!
I wanted to overclock my HD6870, the asus DC version.
I can only change the Vcore with the Asus GPU Tweak tool. But i have got a little problem with it. I can only overclock the GPU Clock up to 1000Mhz. But im sure i have got a very great GPU Chip, so i want to overclock a bit more. How can i do this? Can i unlock the GPU Tweak Tool like the msi afterburner, to get higher clock?

Sry for bad english 😛

Bomber
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have you enabled the advanced mode in the GPU tweak?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Have you enabled the advanced mode in the GPU tweak?

1. Thanks for the answer 🙂
2. Yes, its enabled.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK - I think that is about it then using the GPU tool. There are other ways of increasing the core.

TRiXX. version 0.4.17 will do it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I would do it. But i can only change the VCore with the GPU Tweak tool. And its not so good, if i my GPU runs with 1.2 Volt in 2D, right? 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
No you are able to change the VCore with trixx too.

And also with Afterburner if you do the unofficial over-clocking mod.

BomberDeluxe
Level 7
Sorry, for the late answer, i had some Login problems.

I tried trixx. But there i cant change the VCore 😞

Which Afterburner unofficial OC Mod do you mean? Could you send me a link please?

Bomber

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338906

madmav
Level 7
Nothing, except GPU Tweak, can change the voltage of that particular card. I own one and i know what i mean. (smart doctor, can , but forget about it). So the latest version available can change everything ... Trixx is dangerous to our cards, it cannot change voltage the right way, it put's it on the max available increase , 1.9v, it can kill the card. So DO NOT EXPERIMENT with Trixx, asus own software is stable enough to ensure a good overclock.