cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus aura with phanteks rgb case leds

AlmostFight
Level 7
I got a new system based on the Phanteks P400S, i also got the rgb adapter from phanteks. I tried to connect the rgb adapter in every possible way but i can't get it to work with aura..

Iam using the Z370F ROG STRIX gaming motherboard. (is this motherboard not compatible?). Iam also messaging with Phanteks but their answers are not solving the issue at the moment.

Can someone help me with this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

pkmn760
Level 7
Spent a lot of time researching this. The Z370 series uses a NEW 3 pin header, rather than the somewhat new 4 pin header. Nothing is compatible with the 3 pin header from my understanding. What we need is a converter/hub to connect the 4 pin devices to the 3 pin headers.

See this post: http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread.php?790-Using-Halos-Lux-with-newer-3-pin-RGB-Headers&p=3708

AlmostFight wrote:
I got a new system based on the Phanteks P400S, i also got the rgb adapter from phanteks. I tried to connect the rgb adapter in every possible way but i can't get it to work with aura..

Iam using the Z370F ROG STRIX gaming motherboard. (is this motherboard not compatible?). Iam also messaging with Phanteks but their answers are not solving the issue at the moment.

Can someone help me with this problem?

namoi
Level 8
Read the manual. You have to long press the reset button which controll the leds until they switch off. Then and only then you should unplug the sata power connector from the leds front panel and plug the phanteks mobo adapter to the mobo rgb header and to the front panel jst connector.
Then you will be able to sync it as any other rgb leds connected to your mobo header.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Im the one who started the thread at Phanteks’ website linked above.

The issue is likely the same one i have - the RGB header is only 3 pins, not 4, and therefore isnt compatible with... well, anything. *I have no idea why ASUS put this new 3-pin header on boards when there arent any products that use them*

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i am having problems to understand these. you want to connect 4 pin phanteks adapter to a 3 pin addressable port in the board? as far is my understanding that phanteks accessory only works on the regular 4 pin rgb and that board have 2 ports unless there is a problem with the cable from phanteks. Regarding for the addressable port (have 1) there is cable mods cables that are design for that! Or I am missing something here?

I check the website there is discussion regarding the Z370i mITX, but that only have addressable port (3 pin) it does not have 4 pin RGB port. And have only 1 port . So all products for leds, that use 4 pin like the phanteks accessories will not work. ??
Learn, Play Enjoy!