cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura Teams up With Corsair ICUE

KILLER_K
Level 10
Asus has now teamed up with Corsair to let their ICUE software control the boards. Simply install the latest Aura Sync but don't run it. Head over to Corsair's forum and grab the Asus plugin for it. Install it and you can now control all the board lighting.

Ram is not working unless you have Corsair's ram. Hopefully, they will add more support for more peripherals as well from other companies and more boards later on.

I really appreciate Asus listening to all our complaints and asking them to let Corsair fix their software. It can only get better from this point on out. As I always noted we need one software to control all RGB lighting. Or let it all control everything and we choose what we want to use. Baby steps are fine at this point though. We now have our foot int he door.

Youtube announcement for it:
https://youtu.be/D2L0Iz5jCDA

Corsair's forum link and plugin:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965

I posted this in another thread. I felt it deserved a front-page post so everyone could see it.
26 REPLIES 26

It's been a couple of weeks since my LiveDash is not responsive. Actually, Armory Crate does not recognize the MOBO.

Icue used to be able to recognize it, but now it is also not displaying my Asus hardware.

I've reinstalled several times, cleaning registry each time, to no avail.

Is there any fix I have not tried?

KILLER_K wrote:
When it clearly states it is for AURA Motherboards only. I hope later on more stuff will be added.

UPDATE: I actually removed the old Aura Sync version 1.07.79. Installed Armoury Crate as I like the newer cleaner look better. Plus the fact it installed Aura sync version 3.03.70. I had to stop ICUE a few times and restart it to get my board to show back up. Then I had a device not available issue with Crate. A reboot fixed it and everything is good now.

Side Note: Sarcasm.
How on earth do you have 10 rep for 10 posts? And every single one is only complaints about each one? This system is clearly messed up and needs to be removed.

i know its for mobo only. but for some of us its an all or nothing thing. whats the point of me doing the icue thing when the software wotn work with my ryujin and my teamgroup ram?

I totally understand. My board RGB wasn't working between all the Aura Sync and Armoury Crate installs. Plus the fact it also makes the ram manufacturer's software not work as well. So all my Corsair stuff was a static color while my board and ram were rainbows.

I had to just reinstall windows and start over. Made a back up of the registry and a clone of the windows before attempting to install anything Asus. It went so good this time, I dropped Aura Sync for Armoury carate and everything still works fine.

I had to try all the fixes and stuff for 3 months and nothing worked for me as well. Hopefully one day we can have it all rolled into one. I'm just happy at this point everything matches. Aura sync vs Armourty crate is a little weird in controlling just the ram. As for Aura Sync, I could just change the ram if I liked and the board stayed matching the Corsair static color. with Armoury Crate it will not allow me to do that.

It is far from perfect but a step in the right direction.

evilkabuki wrote:
i know its for mobo only. but for some of us its an all or nothing thing. whats the point of me doing the icue thing when the software wotn work with my ryujin and my teamgroup ram?

As noted above I had to just finally break down and do a fresh install and make sure to make backups to stop it again. Use aura sync in the beginning and then switched to Armoury crate as it has newer aura sync that on the older one. I had to reboot a few times and removed the old Aura Sync and everything works now.

Unless Asus makes some kind of cleaner for both of the software. I don't see it getting any better. I know most don't want to do a fresh OS install either. We can only wait until something is done at this point of doing the fresh install.

bass junkie xl wrote:
i can not for the love of god get asus arora working on asus x hero z70 the latest 1.07.79 the ui opens up and nope arora is not instaled .....

version 1.06.17 works fine
- restarted pc
-uninsatlled
-manually disabled all asus services
-ran cc cleaner
-rebooted
-ran arora 1.7.79
-rebooted
-nope doesnt work garbage

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Read about it, tried it, LOVE IT. Works better than the default Asus RGB and now i can finally see some lighting effects that match the rest of my rig, Thanks to this it might finally be worth in adding some ARGB strips next to my corsair lighting node pro ones. Here's to hoping they add GPU support too!

BigJohnny
Level 13
One of the few good things that came out of CES.
Works for me.
Follow these directions.
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965
Shut down Ique if its running
Install AURA but dont load it.
Install plugin then launch Ique
I was shickled titless.

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
i can not for the love of god get asus arora working on asus x hero z70 the latest 1.07.79 the ui opens up and nope arora is not instaled .....

version 1.06.17 works fine
- restarted pc
-uninsatlled
-manually disabled all asus services
-ran cc cleaner
-rebooted
-ran arora 1.7.79
-rebooted
-nope doesnt work garbage
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

KILLER_K
Level 10
Checking back to see what prolems that anyone is having or any feedback on it.

I just updated iCUE and see my ASUS Maximus Extreme XI but something doesn't look right. I can only customize the Back Plate RGB. If I select for example the PCH on the left side it still shows me the Back Plate RGB segments on the right.

MorePower wrote:
I just updated iCUE and see my ASUS Maximus Extreme XI but something doesn't look right. I can only customize the Back Plate RGB. If I select for example the PCH on the left side it still shows me the Back Plate RGB segments on the right.

Can you control your OLED with the Corsair software?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Can you control your OLED with the Corsair software?

Do you mean the LiveDash OLED on my mobo? If so, no. I use Armoury Crate + LiveDash for that. Armoury Crake is used to select what I want displayed and the LiveDash is used just to disable the OLED when my PC is OFF. ASUS didn't add an option to turn OFF the OLED in Armoury Crate. I hope they add this in a update so I don't need to have LiveDash installed.

Also iCUE should have a way to unlink the mobo if someone just wants to use Armoury Crate or Aura. The reason is I need to create a Lighting Effect layer in iCUE for my mobo RGB's or they won't turn ON. Armoury Crate will only turn ON my GPU, memory, Asus Ryuo and Phanteks Evolv X RGB's.
Another things is there is no way to change just the memory color either. With Aura I was able to change each of my ram stick segment by segment. Maybe there is a way with Aura Creator but I haven't installed that yet.

I spent two days uninstalling and reinstalling all this becasue of issues but finally I got most of it where I want.