cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura Teams up With Corsair ICUE

KILLER_K
Level 10
Asus has now teamed up with Corsair to let their ICUE software control the boards. Simply install the latest Aura Sync but don't run it. Head over to Corsair's forum and grab the Asus plugin for it. Install it and you can now control all the board lighting.

Ram is not working unless you have Corsair's ram. Hopefully, they will add more support for more peripherals as well from other companies and more boards later on.

I really appreciate Asus listening to all our complaints and asking them to let Corsair fix their software. It can only get better from this point on out. As I always noted we need one software to control all RGB lighting. Or let it all control everything and we choose what we want to use. Baby steps are fine at this point though. We now have our foot int he door.

Youtube announcement for it:
https://youtu.be/D2L0Iz5jCDA

Corsair's forum link and plugin:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192965

I posted this in another thread. I felt it deserved a front-page post so everyone could see it.
26 REPLIES 26

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
Asus mother baords that have arora sync can now be controlled with " corsair icue " no need to run arora sync and icue !

guru 3d link how to -https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-brings-icue-lighting-control-to-asus-motherboards.html

just installed it i have corsair k95 key board / crsair night sword mouse / asus z370 baord / arora sync fans all controlled with corsair i cue
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

katlani
Level 9
did you mean to install latest Corsair iCUE version and then grab the plugin?

xeromist
***Merged thread from motherboard section***
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
ugh i cant get them to work together now .

any asus arora past 1.06.7 after installing fails to load .
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

You have to have Aura Sync Or Armoury Crate to control the ram unless it is Corsair's brand. Or you can install the Ram manufacturer's software and hope it works. As I noted it doesn't control my G.Skill ram and neither does G.Skill's software.

bass junkie xl wrote:
Asus mother baords that have arora sync can now be controlled with " corsair icue " no need to run arora sync and icue !

guru 3d link how to -https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-brings-icue-lighting-control-to-asus-motherboards.html

just installed it i have corsair k95 key board / crsair night sword mouse / asus z370 baord / arora sync fans all controlled with corsair i cue

Some have reported not having to use the Aura sync at all and just using the plugin. Or just using Armoury Carte and the plugin. That is up to the user in what He/She needs on their pc to control all the stuff.

I had the same issue and just gave up and reran my OS and it all works now. It sucks that is how I had to resolve it. But it is done and over with now. Might can try a registry cleaner like CCleaner or Revouninstaller as well. Good luck.

bass junkie xl wrote:
ugh i cant get them to work together now .

any asus arora past 1.06.7 after installing fails to load .

still useless. i run a rog ryujin and then theres the fact i hate anything by corsair

When it clearly states it is for AURA Motherboards only. I hope later on more stuff will be added.

UPDATE: I actually removed the old Aura Sync version 1.07.79. Installed Armoury Crate as I like the newer cleaner look better. Plus the fact it installed Aura sync version 3.03.70. I had to stop ICUE a few times and restart it to get my board to show back up. Then I had a device not available issue with Crate. A reboot fixed it and everything is good now.

Side Note: Sarcasm.
How on earth do you have 10 rep for 10 posts? And every single one is only complaints about each one? This system is clearly messed up and needs to be removed.

evilkabuki wrote:
still useless. i run a rog ryujin and then theres the fact i hate anything by corsair

KILLER_K wrote:
Side Note: How on earth do you have 10 rep for 10 posts. And every single one is only complaints about each one? This system is clearly messed up and needs to be removed.

I believe everyone starts with reputation points.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Only thing I have an issue with switching from Aura sync to Armoury Crate is. On the Aura sync, I could control the ram separately, say if I wanted Starry-night just on the ram and allow the board to stay a Static color with ICUE. That worked fine that way. But it seems Armoury Crate doesn't want to allow you to do that. I'm not sure why it will not allow you to not sync in Armourty Crate as you can in Aura Sync.

SIDE NOTE: It was sarcasm. I was picking with him.

xeromist wrote:
I believe everyone starts with reputation points.