cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura - How to UNSYNC the Philips Hue control???

Sprayingmango
Level 10
So I made the mistake of syncing the new version of Aura with my Philips Hue bridge. Now every time I boot my system it changes ALL of my bulbs to red. This is nuts!! I uninstalled / reinstalled Aura and it keeps coming back. Why is there no way to completely REMOVE and unsync Hue in the Aura app??? What can I do here?
12 REPLIES 12

dave4712
Level 7
Sprayingmango wrote:
So I made the mistake of syncing the new version of Aura with my Philips Hue bridge. Now every time I boot my system it changes ALL of my bulbs to red. This is nuts!! I uninstalled / reinstalled Aura and it keeps coming back. Why is there no way to completely REMOVE and unsync Hue in the Aura app??? What can I do here?

Push da button...

freemanone
Level 7
That button does NOTHING!!!!! Uninstall does nothing, it's simply a piece of junk!!!!

REAL SOLUTION:
i found an android app called "HueWhiteListAdmin" what can delete the whitelist entry that allows AsusAura to communicate with the bridge.

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Yeah, that button does nothing. I think I have to completely clean and remove all Asus software to wipe it out. Really stupid of me to do that, but it sounded like a cool feature. Turned out to be really gimmicky and useless.

f00j00
Level 7
I can't even sync, always says search failed, any ideas?

Asus, time to answer how to get back control over my hue!*

Blofeld
Level 7
I had to reset the Hue bridge and redo all my settings, thanks a lot Asus.*:mad:

Removing the ASUS Aura from Philips Hue.

I had this issue and it drove me mad, fortunately I found a way without having to reset my bridge like some. I've made this account to hopefully spare a few unfortunate souls.

First go to your Program Files on your local disk - C:\Program Files (x86)\

Look for the folder LightingService

Inside this there should be a file called LastProfile.xml

Make a backup of this file just incase, I called it LastProfile-Backup.xml

Open the first file in a text editor, you might need admin rights to do this. I did this a week or so ago and I might have had to change access rights on the folder so if anyone gets stuck I'll add some more instructions.

Once you have the file open go to the bottom and look for a line that says:

your ip address here

We want to remove that IP address to your bridge there so it looks like this...

Save the file and you're done. Might need a restart but my hue lights haven't been affected since and all the other Aura sync settings remained the same.

Praise the lord, My house wont annoyingly light up every time I turn on my PC.

Thank you so much for the tip you are amazing !

Barnaby wrote:
Removing the ASUS Aura from Philips Hue.

I had this issue and it drove me mad, fortunately I found a way without having to reset my bridge like some. I've made this account to hopefully spare a few unfortunate souls.

First go to your Program Files on your local disk - C:\Program Files (x86)\

Look for the folder LightingService

Inside this there should be a file called LastProfile.xml

Make a backup of this file just incase, I called it LastProfile-Backup.xml

Open the first file in a text editor, you might need admin rights to do this. I did this a week or so ago and I might have had to change access rights on the folder so if anyone gets stuck I'll add some more instructions.

Once you have the file open go to the bottom and look for a line that says:

your ip address here

We want to remove that IP address to your bridge there so it looks like this...

Save the file and you're done. Might need a restart but my hue lights haven't been affected since and all the other Aura sync settings remained the same.

Praise the lord, My house wont annoyingly light up every time I turn on my PC.

Perfect. thanks.