cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura and Armoury should be one program/suite

kcmcc
Level 7
Noticing a lot of people experiencing similar issues between Armoury and Aura working together, myself included regardless of application version. (spatha latest FW and Strix x99 latest bios)

Is there a reason why Asus doesn't make this one complete suite? Like Logitech's Gaming software for instance?

Feel like this would get rid of these sync issues with lighting as well as resource hogging.
15 REPLIES 15

MxFragz
Level 7
Recently contacted Asus's support because of all the issues I'm having with these 2 softwares. (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93927-Asus-Armoury-amp-Aura-issues&p=655490#post655490)

I've written a letter of 1.5 pages, explaining in details all the trouble I had, all the solutions I tried, and that despite all that, my very expensive Claymore and Spatha cannot be used the way they're meant to be used.

Despite insisting on the hardware being fine, the problem being software, they basically answered : "Go back to the shop you bought them and send them back for repair. We can't refund you."

I've looked up a lot about the issues I'm having. Some of them have been experienced by users since more that 1 year and a half, and nothing has been done to fix those issues.

I've bought tons of stuff from Asus over the years, from peripherals to very high end computers and hardware.

This is the last time I'm buying anything from them. I'm disgusted.

MxFragz wrote:
Recently contacted Asus's support because of all the issues I'm having with these 2 softwares. (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93927-Asus-Armoury-amp-Aura-issues&p=655490#post655490)

I've written a letter of 1.5 pages, explaining in details all the trouble I had, all the solutions I tried, and that despite all that, my very expensive Claymore and Spatha cannot be used the way they're meant to be used.

Despite insisting on the hardware being fine, the problem being software, they basically answered : "Go back to the shop you bought them and send them back for repair. We can't refund you."

I've looked up a lot about the issues I'm having. Some of them have been experienced by users since more that 1 year and a half, and nothing has been done to fix those issues.

I've bought tons of stuff from Asus over the years, from peripherals to very high end computers and hardware.

This is the last time I'm buying anything from them. I'm disgusted.

Sent the claymore back that I had, kept the spatha due to it being amazing. But, yes, the "sync" feature they keep advertising doesn't freaking work.

There is no sync... at least the way they advertise it, and there's no stability... The software must work as well as the hardware when it comes to this kind of situation, and their software has taken a severe back seat.

I have as well, purchasing from Asus.. Mostly server-grade stuff, and the CS in that arena is top notch. It degrades horribly when it comes down to desktop hardware. We are at their mercy.

kcmcc wrote:
Sent the claymore back that I had, kept the spatha due to it being amazing. But, yes, the "sync" feature they keep advertising doesn't freaking work.

There is no sync... at least the way they advertise it, and there's no stability... The software must work as well as the hardware when it comes to this kind of situation, and their software has taken a severe back seat.

I have as well, purchasing from Asus.. Mostly server-grade stuff, and the CS in that arena is top notch. It degrades horribly when it comes down to desktop hardware. We are at their mercy.

How did you send it back ?
Support told me they would not take it back and refund me.

Got another answer from support service.

"Try to install the latest firmware versions of mouse and keyboard and software versions of Aura and Armoury."

It's been 3 times I tell them I already have the latest versions of everything.

What a f*****g joke...

MxFragz wrote:

The point of sale is with the retailer so ASUS can't refund you directly. All refund disputes must be settled with the retailer, all consumers are protected by consumer act in each country. If you're not satisfied with your product you can ask for a full refund.

MxFragz wrote:

Bought it at Fry's electronics. They have a 30 day return policy. The keyboard had horrible issues, half the keys didn't work or would stick, it was super buggy.

Figure I wait a few HW revisions before spending that much on a keyboard because I really like the feel of it.

kcmcc wrote:
Bought it at Fry's electronics. They have a 30 day return policy. The keyboard had horrible issues, half the keys didn't work or would stick, it was super buggy.

Figure I wait a few HW revisions before spending that much on a keyboard because I really like the feel of it.

You may have missed what I wrote in the original Claymore thread but we have already identified the root issue that caused the keyboard to have these issues. The issue is being corrected but it doesn't happen on all keyboards, some users on the forum have reported that they have a perfectly working keyboard without any of the issues reported by other users. We appreciate your feedback regarding the keyboard, we're going to focus on narrowing down on all the hardware and software related issues as soon as possible.

Bahz
Level 12
Currently the sync feature will require an AURA sync compatible motherboard or ROG GR8 II in order for the rest of the components and peripherals to sync. We appreciate all the feedback from you and I'll pass it over to our team.

Bahz wrote:
Currently the sync feature will require an AURA sync compatible motherboard

Thank you Captain Obvious.