cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura 1.07.71 not opening

Dreadnaught503
Level 7
I installed the new version of Asus Aura today ( Version 1.07.71 ) and the app doesn't open and i get an error saying " Error Asus Aura is currently unavailable. please close Aura and check if Aura is installed and started properly." Obviously Asus Aura is installed and obviously it didn't start properly because of this error. I'm very fed up with Asus's lack of attention to detail. This crappy software hardly works correctly most of the time, I have been having nothing but problems on and off with Asus Aura the whole time i have owned my Asus motherboard for almost a year. Is asus Aura not compatible with X99 Intel motherboards ? Why doesn't Asus make their RGB software Compatible with other RGB software ? I don't understand whats so hard for Asus to fix this RGB software that always has issues. I have a Asus ROG Ramapage V Edition 10 motherboard and I'm using Corsair Icue software to control different Corsair products in my PC.

35 REPLIES 35

Anyone else?

AuraService is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly.

I can't find auraservice anywhere in my list of services. tried reinstalling with reboots inbetween each step.

Stopped working this morning as of Windows update KB4524570 + "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909"

Edit:

Uninstalled both updates, performed another clean re-install, no luck.
Disabled antivirus (windows defender) - no luck

I'm not sure what changed on my system overnight to cause Aura to stop working. I'vebeen on .71 since it launched and haven't had problems until right now.

scsam wrote:
Anyone else?

AuraService is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly.

I can't find auraservice anywhere in my list of services. tried reinstalling with reboots inbetween each step.

Stopped working this morning as of Windows update KB4524570 + "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909"

Edit:

Uninstalled both updates, performed another clean re-install, no luck.
Disabled antivirus (windows defender) - no luck

I'm not sure what changed on my system overnight to cause Aura to stop working. I'vebeen on .71 since it launched and haven't had problems until right now.

Same here, since 1909 update, Aura .71 won't launch anymore... along with my OSD in GPU Tweak 2... Is there any ASUS rep around here ??

SimDuch wrote:
Same here, since 1909 update, Aura .71 won't launch anymore... along with my OSD in GPU Tweak 2... Is there any ASUS rep around here ??

Glad I'm not the only one - thanks for speaking up. I wonder why uninstalling my updates still wasn't able to repair the issues I'm having with Aura .71.....

SimDuch wrote:

I believe it's a 1909 thing. I have to reformat with a 1909 image. 1909 is now available when using the Windows 10 media creation tool. After a clean install, Aura works until I installed my Logitech camera. After that I had to delete the file named "LastProfile.xml" in the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService". After that I have to shut down and turn off the PSU for 10 seconds and then turn it back on and boot up my PC and what do you know, Aura is working again. I had to do this twice so far. Once on one day and another time on another day.

Jesseinsf wrote:
I believe it's a 1909 thing. I have to reformat with a 1909 image. 1909 is now available when using the Windows 10 media creation tool. After a clean install, Aura works until I installed my Logitech camera. After that I had to delete the file named "LastProfile.xml" in the following directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService". After that I have to shut down and turn off the PSU for 10 seconds and then turn it back on and boot up my PC and what do you know, Aura is working again. I had to do this twice so far. Once on one day and another time on another day.

I have an ROG strix GL12CX (I79700K/RTX 2080), claymore AND SPATHA. I have trouble with the preinstalled Armoury crate that came in with my desktop. I uninstalled it( Armoury Crate) and installed ASUS AURA (1.07.71) and ROG Armoury V30037 and its working like charm, updated to WIn 10 1909 and no bugs with aura yet, i think this is more stable than the BETA Armoury Crate which crashes and bugs out every reboot. make sure to have updated firmware and updated AURA service. Im using the Aura service which came from the armoury crate installer if that may help out.

Jesseinsf wrote:

I can confirm that deleting the "LastProfile.xml" works.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
When the hell is Asus going to fix this?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Re
Level 10
Well why you guys jump to the newest windows? You know asus is slow .. they even fixed yet 1903 bugs*

evlqueen1186 wrote:
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.

Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)

I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".

I had a Windows 1909 service failure as well, following steps in another thread written by EvlQueen1186, I was able to resolve my issue.
Another user noted that simply deleting the XML file and running Ccleaner gets the trick done - no reboot required. This worked for me also.
Good luck!

scsam wrote:
I had a Windows 1909 service failure as well, following steps in another thread written by EvlQueen1186, I was able to resolve my issue.
Another user noted that simply deleting the XML file and running Ccleaner gets the trick done - no reboot required. This worked for me also.
Good luck!

It works... thanks