cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura 1.06.95 - CPU Usage

rgbsadguy
Level 7
I realized when I was using any of the lighting change modes like "wave" etc, the LightingService process was using a lot of CPU - at least 10% CPU usage at all times. Switching it back to static colors with no effects was the only way I could get it back down. Obviously that CPU usage is way too high for controlling some RGB LEDS.

Specs:
i7-7700K
32GB RAM (g.skill trident rgb)
Asus Maximus IX Code Motherboard
14 REPLIES 14

SirRobin wrote:
Whats your setting for smart->temperature? Static? In new version the color is changing every second if not changed to static...

Yes. smart-temperature-static. And CPU usage ~7% which is huge.

Tested and all options using 5-15% CPU. Only Static Color don't using CPU - 0% and 6MB RAM.
Monitor ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ isn't visible in this software but every color changes (in ASUS AURA) are applied too on this monitor (ASUS Aura Sync is ON).

Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.55)

Cruise2100
Level 7
I'm having the same issue. I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E motherboard with an 8700k and was noticing CPU usage was 20%+ at idle. I ended up narrowing it down to the Lighting Service... Service. After restarting the service, it would go down to a more level, but soon spike back up. Disabling it completely would get my idle loads down to 0-1%. For a completely unrelated reason, I ended up with a fresh install of Windows 10 with the same issue right off the bat. I now have the Lighting Service disabled. Not sure if this matters or not, but I also have G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory and a Cooler Master air cooler with addressable RGB. I haven't done any testing beyond the fresh install and determining what my usage cause was.

Asus Release Lighting Control 1.07.17 Beta, it's ok with me now. Old version can't OFF RGB 1060 ROG + GSkill Trident Z same time.

tostitobandito
Level 7
Yeah all the dynamic lighting modes use a significant amount of CPU. On my overclocked 9900K @ 5.1GHz it uses around 6% CPU constantly. It's just enough to prevent my CPU from downclocking and downvolting very far, if at all. I expect some CPU usage given that it needs to communicate with the lights a bunch of times each second, but this seems excessive.