Did you mean: 

ASUS Aura 1.05 15% CPU usage

meller
Level 7
Let's start with specs:

ASUS STRIX z270-i
Intel i7 7700k
Windows 10 Pro

I've updated to the most recent version of AURA. Though the issue has be there for a couple of versions now. The program starts off only using 1-2%, but within a very short time it it will go up to 14-15% cpu usage and stay there. Once that happens, whatever "animations" i have set it stop working and it simply stays on whatever the current color is.

For this instance, I typically have it on smart to change from green to yellow to red depending on temps.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I always update to the newest version, but nothing. At this point, I feel like AURA is complete trash, but figured I'd ask to make sure it's not me before I give up all hope on what has so far been a very unpleasant experiences with this piece of software.
2 REPLIES 2

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
meller wrote:
Let's start with specs:

ASUS STRIX z270-i
Intel i7 7700k
Windows 10 Pro

I've updated to the most recent version of AURA. Though the issue has be there for a couple of versions now. The program starts off only using 1-2%, but within a very short time it it will go up to 14-15% cpu usage and stay there. Once that happens, whatever "animations" i have set it stop working and it simply stays on whatever the current color is.

For this instance, I typically have it on smart to change from green to yellow to red depending on temps.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I always update to the newest version, but nothing. At this point, I feel like AURA is complete trash, but figured I'd ask to make sure it's not me before I give up all hope on what has so far been a very unpleasant experiences with this piece of software.

Kudos and thanks. Look for a post on the AURA V1.05.3202 BETA, since is beta. and post there, so developers are checking those. I try also the BETA, and I have the same issue, still need more compile and they are aware of that. But is good to get to that post and add your experience there. Be noted, it is important that you have your latest bios and asus drives. Late, I did update those and the AURA was working ok. But i am currently working on something else to get notes on that app. Thanks for your info and feedback. (BTW i do not work with Asus)
Learn, Play Enjoy!

yea, I feel ya. I'll post there.

I do have the most up to date drivers and bios. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to those. Haha.