cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Armoury software using up to 15% of CPU through WMI Host Provider

kcmcc
Level 7
Apologies if someone else has posted this issue, but I noticed WMI Host Provider using 2 to 15% of CPU at all times, sometimes up to 20%

After trials, it turns out the culprit is the armoury software... I'm using the latest...

First Aura, now this? Why is their software dev team this bad?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

MxFragz
Level 7
kcmcc wrote:
Apologies if someone else has posted this issue, but I noticed WMI Host Provider using 2 to 15% of CPU at all times, sometimes up to 20%

After trials, it turns out the culprit is the armoury software... I'm using the latest...

First Aura, now this? Why is their software dev team this bad?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm having the same issue. WMI Host Provider using up to 20+% of CPU constantly (I have a i7 7700K).

I have this issue among tons of others...

I was actually coming to the forums here to post the same exact issue. Asus ROG Armoury is throwing WMI errors like crazy which is causing an extreme amount of processor usage. Seems to be something to do with trying to access some kind of web functionality.

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue on Rog G752VS with Armoury software (Rog Spatha Mouse).

Fix 1 - After programming the profiles of the mouse, never use Armoury again 😄
Fix 2 - If you must run the Armoury software on background, Run>Services.msc(admin mode)>Windows Management Instrumentation>Restart the service
After restart please check the task manager again for the cpu usage

So far i could able to avoid this issue with those fixes, Asus Software Dev should provide a permanent fix for this annoying problem

Cheers 🙂

suffering the same here - profiles still work if you exit the software, so once you've set your macros etc. up just kill it off. Hopefully when they fix this they add a few more profiles to the software, 5 is a bit low for a MMO mouse (7700K & Rog Spatha here as well).

Edit: If you have RGB Ram you need to enable SPD write in BIOS with the new version of Aura. Mouse now appears in Aura as well.

just bought the Spatha mouse and yup same issue as is posted. Any fixes for this imminent ?

rathius wrote:
suffering the same here - profiles still work if you exit the software, so once you've set your macros etc. up just kill it off. Hopefully when they fix this they add a few more profiles to the software, 5 is a bit low for a MMO mouse (7700K & Rog Spatha here as well).

Edit: If you have RGB Ram you need to enable SPD write in BIOS with the new version of Aura. Mouse now appears in Aura as well.

Can you still switch profiles on the fly without armoury running ? tia

Shakki wrote:
Can you still switch profiles on the fly without armoury running ? tia

Yes you can.