cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Armoury Crate keeps waking up PC

VGAglory
Level 8
Hi,

I hope someone can assist me with an issue with Asus Armoury Crate. I recently made the big error in installing this app to replace the Aura software to control lighting on my Asus ROG Extreme VI motherboard. It was listed in Asus Drivers/Utilities so thought it would be worth installing. Turns out this App appears full of bugs and an all round poor feature set compared to Asus Aura. My first issue is that the software continually keeps waking my PC on a regular basis seemingly at random. It can cause my PC to wake as much as 6/7 times a day. My second issue, is the software does not appear to able to control individual light zones on my ASUS Rampage Vi Extreme. Only the entire motherboard is selectable. With Aura I was able to set lighting for different sections of the motherboard. This seams a masive step backwards in terms of feature set to me. For these two reasons, I decided to revert back to using Aura. Problem is I can no longer get Aura to work since installing Armoury Crate. I completely uninstall Armoury Crate, including the version of ASUS Framework service that gets installed with Armoury Crate. Upon reiinstallation of Asus Aura however, the motherboard is completely unresponsive to Armoury Crate. I really wish I had not installed this garbage app.

Can somone give me some advise on either 1. How to prevent Asus Armoury continually waking my PC from sleep. and/or 2. How to cleanly remove Armoury Crate and get Aura software working properly again?

Would be much appreciated! 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Ruamoko
Level 8
VGAglory wrote:
Hi,

I hope someone can assist me with an issue with Asus Armoury Crate. I recently made the big error in installing this app to replace the Aura software to control lighting on my Asus ROG Extreme VI motherboard. It was listed in Asus Drivers/Utilities so thought it would be worth installing. Turns out this App appears full of bugs and an all round poor feature set compared to Asus Aura. My first issue is that the software continually keeps waking my PC on a regular basis seemingly at random. It can cause my PC to wake as much as 6/7 times a day. My second issue, is the software does not appear to able to control individual light zones on my ASUS Rampage Vi Extreme. Only the entire motherboard is selectable. With Aura I was able to set lighting for different sections of the motherboard. This seams a masive step backwards in terms of feature set to me. For these two reasons, I decided to revert back to using Aura. Problem is I can no longer get Aura to work since installing Armoury Crate. I completely uninstall Armoury Crate, including the version of ASUS Framework service that gets installed with Armoury Crate. Upon reiinstallation of Asus Aura however, the motherboard is completely unresponsive to Armoury Crate. I really wish I had not installed this garbage app.

Can somone give me some advise on either 1. How to prevent Asus Armoury continually waking my PC from sleep. and/or 2. How to cleanly remove Armoury Crate and get Aura software working properly again?

Maybe this will help:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?114773-Armoury-Crate-not-recognizing-devices-and-unable-to...

Armoury Crate is a right mess. Uninstalled Armoury Crate as cleanly as possible, removing all components left behind as best as I could. Re-installed Aura. Seemed to operate at first, but then lighting started doing random incorrect things, flashing colors extremely rapidly, almost as thought it was getting conflicting commands? Uninstalled Aura, tried to reinstalled Armoury Crate again, but this started failing install. Had to reimage my PC back a few months. Now completely stuck with Armoury Crate, a terrible terrible piece of software, even given the fact its in beta. 😞

Armor is profitable during playing video games. i will use it too during my work too because my work connects with video games industry. Plus I checked the mvp on https://spdload.com/blog/cost-of-mvp/ I think it will be perfect soft for promote games which I want to create.

Red_Sun
Level 7
VGAglory wrote:
Hi,

So it turns out this is actually pretty easy to solve. Amoury Crate creates a wake timer that wakes the system.
To view what wake timers are active and will wake your computer from sleep:

• Open an elevated CMD prompt (or PowerShell)
  • type "powercfg -waketimers" without the quotes to see a list of all wake timers that will wake up your computer on timed events
  • You should see a line that says "Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume8\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe expires at 10:58:10 PM on 2/8/2020."

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to delete a specific wake timer or prevent an application from creating wake timers. Therefore, the only solution is to disable wake timers across the board (which is not ideal, since you may want Windows Update to wake your PC).
To disable all wake timers:

• Right click on Start and select Settings
  • Browse to System > Power & Sleep
  • Click "Additional power settings" to open the Win7 style power cpanel
  • Click "Change plan settings" on the active power plan
  • Click "Change advanced power settings" to open up the advanced settings dialogue box
  • Expand "Sleep" > "Allow wake timers" and set "Allow wake timers" to "Disable"

You can find screenshots and other instructions just by searching "disable sleep timers".

I recommend complaining to ASUS about it, get them to add a setting within Armoury Crate to allow us to disable this "feature".

Finally, one workaround if you want your computer to remain asleep when you're not using it, but still wake up for timed events, would be to set it to go to sleep after a period of inactivity. I typically leave mine set to "Put the comptuer to sleep: Never" but this means if a wake timer wakes my PC, it will stay powered on indefinitely. You may want to set this to a high value, such as 4 hours, if you want automatic updates to run but you don't want the PC staying on all night or all day when you're not using it.

Fascinatingly. I would like to hear the opinion of experts on this matter.
It is very simple in words, but in deeds, a lot of things do not correspond, everything is not so rosy!
If you are a new user of a ROG, ROG Strix, TUF Gaming, or Prime motherboard and are running Windows 10 (Creators Update/1709 or later), you will see a pop-up dialog prompting you to install Armory Crate during initial boot. your PC. Just click "OK" to install and the software will be automatically downloaded and installed. is quite difficult for a beginner. Maybe I should turn to https://sloboda-studio.com/blog/business-model-canvas-online-marketplace

WyattEast wrote:
Fascinatingly. I would like to hear the opinion of experts on this matter.
It is very simple in words, but in deeds, a lot of things do not correspond, everything is not so rosy!
If you are a new user of a ROG, ROG Strix, TUF Gaming, or Prime motherboard and are running Windows 10 (Creators Update/1709 or later), you will see a pop-up dialog prompting you to install Armory Crate during initial boot. your PC. Just click "OK" to install and the software will be automatically downloaded and installed. is quite difficult for a beginner. Maybe I should turn to https://sloboda-studio.com/blog/business-model-canvas-online-marketplace

..... Just disable A. Create in the bios and it will not be installed automatically

BigJohnny
Level 13
Win 11 wont run Aura. Have to use Crate. I have it installed just to the lighting service is running in the background so I can control the MOBO RGB with Ique. Launch it and it goes amuck and never let it auto Update.

Mods have gotten on to me for saying this but Ive tried every release since its inception and have yet to see any without bugs. Some stay while other features are added never having fixed what was buggy. So other than having the lighting service running I don't use it. For fan control I use Aquacompter products.

Another thing I dont do is let my PC sleep, Im done, it goes off. I also disable the windows Fast start up as that just dumps what resident in ram to the same file as hibernation. Hiberfil.sys then reloads it at start up. Well if it was messing up then you just reload the same thing that was messing up. I just shut it down and let it load. Not much difference time wise.

Samuel93
Level 7

It's frustrating when software programs cause problems with your computer, and the issue with ASUS Armoury Crate waking up a PC is a common one. At Glorium Technologies, we understand the importance of software that functions correctly and does not cause issues with other programs on your computer.

Our team of expert software developers specializes in creating custom software solutions that are designed to meet the unique needs of each client. We use the latest technology to ensure that our software is reliable, efficient, and easy to use.

If you're experiencing issues with software like ASUS Armoury Crate or need custom software developed for your business, Glorium Technologies can help. Visit our website at https://gloriumtech.com/ to learn more about our software development services and how we can help you achieve your business goals.

aistechnolabslt
Level 7

I totally agree with your statement here as i had also feel the same issues while trying the above services. Try our keno games software, to solve your issue related to the games it will definitely help on various other aspects.