cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Update Center update loop? Strix x570-E

CreativeMindTec
Level 7
I am stuck in this weird update loop for ROG Strix x570-E Gaming motherboard. it shows I have an update with the date 2019/06/24. After I update this it says I have an update with the date 2019/07/09. After I install that it says I have the 2019/06/24 update again and it keeps going back and fourth, over and over again. Whats the deal?
23 REPLIES 23

dfaovred wrote:
New version of Armoury Crate released just now, update and re-test.

v2.4.8.0

Yep and there are new SDK. be patince ther are buggs. and if you have the aio with oled there are diferences on the sensor reading. you will see.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I did a reinstall first I updated all my drivers through asus to latest then I ran windows update. Then I installed the asus armoury to update my rog strix keyboard to latest driver and firmware. Then last I installed asus armour crate service. I restarted. Installed the new asus armour crate app from windows store restarted computer. Then I installed asus rog live service 1.9.6 I believe is the latest restarted computer. I then opened the app everything worked there were 3 updates for mainframe or something I updated now everything runs smoothly. Sometimes the app does load my turbo profile when I boot into windows but I just restart the armour crate service from task manager and then it works so no biggy.

georgep001 wrote:
I did a reinstall first I updated all my drivers through asus to latest then I ran windows update. Then I installed the asus armoury to update my rog strix keyboard to latest driver and firmware. Then last I installed asus armour crate service. I restarted. Installed the new asus armour crate app from windows store restarted computer. Then I installed asus rog live service 1.9.6 I believe is the latest restarted computer. I then opened the app everything worked there were 3 updates for mainframe or something I updated now everything runs smoothly. Sometimes the app does load my turbo profile when I boot into windows but I just restart the armour crate service from task manager and then it works so no biggy.

Where did you get the Armoury Crate Service & ROG Live Service???

It says to go to https://www.asus.com/tw/support on the Windows Store.

dfaovred wrote:
Where did you get the Armoury Crate Service & ROG Live Service???

It says to go to https://www.asus.com/tw/support on the Windows Store.

For me since I have the asus gl12cx desktop computer I go to the driver section on asus website and the asus rog live service and the asus armour crate service are all there. They should be there for you too if you go and look for you mobo and check in the driver sections.

georgep001 wrote:

Is ok. I got that also. i termante the app then restart the app. restart the computer. then delete the XML lastprofile in lightservice in ProgramFile (x86) adn then restart the lightservice in SERVICES and restart the computer.

I am trying to see why fails But i thing is a com services in windows that is stoping the reincorporation o reprogram of the AURA ROM. So far i have that. I also check that when the nvidiadriver stop working and come back also made changes on the light department.

Since the new app is a consolidation of all, maybe we can try suggesting take out the nvidia integration out, just for test.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Is ok. I got that also. i termante the app then restart the app. restart the computer. then delete the XML lastprofile in lightservice in ProgramFile (x86) adn then restart the lightservice in SERVICES and restart the computer.

I am trying to see why fails But i thing is a com services in windows that is stoping the reincorporation o reprogram of the AURA ROM. So far i have that. I also check that when the nvidiadriver stop working and come back also made changes on the light department.

Since the new app is a consolidation of all, maybe we can try suggesting take out the nvidia integration out, just for test.

Well I don't go through all those steps oddly mine worked great before I attempted to fix my strix flare keyboard issue it would load the profiles fine. Now that I got the keyboard working properly with armour crate it doesn't load the profiles on startup. So I just go to service in windows task manager and just restart the service. I don't restart windows or anything cause once the service restarts everything works I have mine set to turbo so I know when my fans kick on and stuff its working as it should.

georgep001 wrote:

I am struggeling with that sh*t for 2 month now...asus support etc....just simple as that! Thanks!

dfaovred wrote:

v2.4.8.0

That was fast! let me check
Learn, Play Enjoy!

dfaovred wrote:

v2.4.8.0

I have that 2.4.8.0

I did have to terminte other version and restart y a computer restart and delite the xml file

Let me see what is up
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Armoury crate version : 2.5.7

I require update for:

Motherboard Z370-F - Version 1.01.15 Date 2019/09/04
Rog Ryuo - Version 1.01.14 Date 2019/09/04

I hit update, it runs through does its thing and the update button just pops back up. Doesnt tell me to restart or anything just continuous update.

😞