cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate: Turn Off LiveDash OLED

Beauzinga_1
Level 7
Hey,

Is there a way to turn of the LiveDash OLED when powered down in the Armoury Crate? I can't seem to find it. (See attached photo)

There was an option on the LiveDash standalone application but that seems to be discontinued and also didn't fully work for me that's why I've moved to Armoury Crate.

Thanks,
15 REPLIES 15

Kiganazil
Level 7
Small update, there was a rotate 180 degree button added, but no on/off button.90385

Asus ROG Maximus X, impossible to Disable OLED in Bios or in Armory crate. who knows how disable it?

Kiganazil
Level 7
Bump, Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 update, still same issue

Kiganazil wrote:
Bump, Armoury Crate 5.0.10.0 update, still same issue

So after trying this fix, my G-Skill RAM would not work anymore. Also i couldn't change stuff for the mainboard.

I then wrote an eeengry mail to the support asking them how it was possible to not implement this simple feature after 2 years.
Here is their clue:

Bios -> advanced -> APM Configuration -> ERP Ready -> Enabled (S4+S5)

This turns off the OLED-Screen when PC is shut down. It takes a few animation cycles but it works in the end.
I will now test if the RAM still works with this solution.

Just imagine putting a simple setting like "turn off OLED in sleep states" into BIOS or Armoury Crate.

Edit: RAM works. Just needed to update the software. RGB will be reset with this Bios-setting on every boot so whenever Armoury is not up to date, RGB might not work because some features are locked until updating.

Kiganazil
Level 7
Okay, so for everyone still having issues with the OLED on the Asus Maximus XI Extreme motherboard (may also work on different Asus mobos with OLED), found a workarround

If you want the OLED to be OFF when the computer is ON:
-if you dont have the option in Armoury Crate, just open Armoury Crate, select the motherboard, go to OLED, choose Image or Animation and browse for a Custom Animation (you can create a black .gif file with paint with resolution of 128 x 32 pixels) and select it.
-The OLED will be OFF (black) when the computer is ON

If you want the OLED to be OFF when the computer is OFF:
-remove AURA Service, reboot, install LiveDash_1.05.06, reboot, launch LiveDash and click on the OLED cog and set the OLED to be ON when the computer is ON (DO NOT SET THIS TO OFF WHEN COMPUTER IS ON, as you will not be able to turn it back ON with Armoury Crate) and OLED to be OFF when the computer is OFF.
-reboot,shut down PC to confirm the OLED is OFF when the computer is OFF, power it on, remove AURA Service, reboot computer, launch Armoury Crate, check for update (it will ask to install latest AURA Service, install it), reboot ,and enjoy the OLED OFF when the computer is OFF and OLED ON when the computer is ON (If you want it OFF when the computer is ON, just do the black .gif trick)

Thank you ASUS for not being to port a function from the old LiveDash... This just looks how screwed are people with 2-3 generation old hardware due to the lack of support from ASUS!

@Kiganazil wrote:
Okay, so for everyone still having issues with the OLED on the Asus Maximus XI Extreme motherboard (may also work on different Asus mobos with OLED), found a workarround

If you want the OLED to be OFF when the computer is ON:
-if you dont have the option in Armoury Crate, just open Armoury Crate, select the motherboard, go to OLED, choose Image or Animation and browse for a Custom Animation (you can create a black .gif file with paint with resolution of 128 x 32 pixels) and select it.
-The OLED will be OFF (black) when the computer is ON

Thanks for this tip, my OLED monitor recently came on and I couldn't get it to go "back to black", but adding a black .gif image worked perfectly (X299-E Gaming II motherboard).