cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate: Turn Off LiveDash OLED

Beauzinga_1
Level 7
Hey,

Is there a way to turn of the LiveDash OLED when powered down in the Armoury Crate? I can't seem to find it. (See attached photo)

There was an option on the LiveDash standalone application but that seems to be discontinued and also didn't fully work for me that's why I've moved to Armoury Crate.

Thanks,
15 REPLIES 15

LeChat
Level 8
It is in the shutdown effect tab, there is an on/off switch.

LeChat wrote:
It is in the shutdown effect tab, there is an on/off switch.

Unfortunately that only turns off the Aura Sync Lighting and not the OLED LiveDash.

LeChat
Level 8
I know there was an option in the Livedash app to do so by using the top right cog wheel then setting it to off. Otherwise you might have the play with the ErP setting in BIOS to stop power delivery when system is shutdown.

That option should be added in Armoury Crate.

Hope this helps.

LeChat wrote:
I know there was an option in the Livedash app to do so by using the top right cog wheel then setting it to off. Otherwise you might have the play with the ErP setting in BIOS to stop power delivery when system is shutdown.

That option should be added in Armoury Crate.

Hope this helps.

That's correct. You'd think they would have the same settings in Armoury Crate. Hopefully it's coming soon.

Thanks for the help.

Beau*

Avaamonde
Level 7
Hi,

Same problem here. I solve it installing an old LiveDash version after instal Armoury Crate. If you open LiveDash you can use options to disable the Oled display when system are shutdown, hibernate.... Only enter in LiveDash, change configuration and close. Your Armoury Crate settings will remain and the oled display shutdown when system are off.

Avaamonde wrote:
Hi,

Same problem here. I solve it installing an old LiveDash version after instal Armoury Crate. If you open LiveDash you can use options to disable the Oled display when system are shutdown, hibernate.... Only enter in LiveDash, change configuration and close. Your Armoury Crate settings will remain and the oled display shutdown when system are off.

Yup that's what I had to do. I don't know what is going on with the ASUS. I don't understand why they didn't include this in Armoury Crate.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117017-LiveDash-application-not-working&p=800376#post80005...

Kishona69
Level 7
Beauzinga wrote:
Hey,

Is there a way to turn of the LiveDash OLED when powered down in the Armoury Crate? I can't seem to find it. (See attached photo)

There was an option on the LiveDash standalone application but that seems to be discontinued and also didn't fully work for me that's why I've moved to Armoury Crate.

Thanks,

You're trying to get yours to stop working while mine won't even work. How did you get yours to work at all? Thanks in advance.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
Beauzinga wrote:
Hey,

Thanks,

Have you checked the BIOS? I have a Maximus XI Extreme. I will check now and add to this post my findings.

Update: Nothing was found in the BIOS for Live Dash. Only LEDs

Kiganazil
Level 7
Bump, same issue, Maximus XI Extreme, after complete power off (and unplug from power wall) the OLED is on again.

LiveDash app does not run anymore until I remove latest Aura service and install the old Aura service. After that I have to turn off the OLED with LiveDash and update Aura service again using Armoury Crate. I always have to do this after complete power off (and unplug from power wall) since the OLED is on again.

A simple off button for the OLED on Maximus XI Extreme in Armoury Crate would be perfect, just like the button to turn off ROG Ryujin OLED from Armoury Crate.