cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Stuck in update loop

alibazlamit
Level 8
In short the Armoury Crate is stuck updating my ROG STRIX FUSION 500 Device SDK.
It has been like this for months now and i can't change my headphone audio settings. It just downloads the update and installs it and asks for a reboot of the system.
After the reboot i am back to the same attached screen and this is an infinite loop that seems to never end.

Has anyone faced the same issue and if so how can i fix it?
28 REPLIES 28

Queso wrote:
Same issue here.

You can post your concern similar to us in this official thread.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-if-any-issues

Follow the reporting format to help them easily understand your concern. the format is in the first page.

I have the same problem with ROG x-570f Gaming

alibazlamit
Level 8
nothing new unfortunatly

Super_Gnome
Level 11
I have built three rigs with ROG motherboards, my first a Rampage III Black Edition. I first discovered this when installing Windows 10 in that first rig. In that case, with Windows 10, you simply could not install any Asus software like Armoury Crate, and guess what? That was the end of a lot of problems and headaches.

I now have two really new builds, both with Asus motherboards. In the case of my Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard, Asus software became an endless source of headaches. The solution, and the end of the headaches was this:

Uninstall all Asus software, LiveDash, Armoury Crate, etc. Then reinstall Windows 10 and do not reinstall any Asus software. The reinstall of Windows 10 is now super fast, and everything you need to control, like fans, can be done from the Bios.

Result: an overwhelming, once and for all, conclusive end to the headaches.

Edit: GPU Tweak II has been one exception to the above. I have had no problems with it.

Edit 2: Why uninstall Asus software, then reinstall Windows? They seem to conflict with each other over time. And when you uninstall Asus software it still remains on your system, so the only way to safely and truly get rid of every trace is with a Windows reinstall. If you don't reinstall Windows, you can have it still being active to some extent even after you have uninstalled it.

alibazlamit
Level 8
So basically this software is a total crap ****ty software. Good to know since i will be switching to logitech soon

I'm now stuck in an update loop (again)... This commonly occurs and I lose access to control my motherboard and RYU cooler (280 dollars by the way...)

Armoury Crate is requesting I download:
Maximus IX Hero Device SDK Version 1.04.10 Date 2020/09/24
ROG RYUJIN Device SDK Version 1.04.10 Date 2020/09/24

Seems though the updates are not applied or update is not being detected by Armoury Crate

I select Update All, wait for Armoury Crate restart pc prompt...select ok... Restart PC, open Armoury Crate, click update center, same updates show up

Does not matter if I update the mobo first vs RYU or vice versa. Does not matter if I hard shut down PC after each update...

Updates do not apply. Please release fix or manually send the updates.

Thanks

alibazlamit
Level 8
Nothing new fortunately

alibazlamit wrote:
Nothing new fortunately

I solved the update cycle problem by formatting and reinstalling my system. But now Armoury Crate does no longer recognize my Corsair Vengeance RGB RAMs and my PG27VQ Monitor. And it shows my ROG Spatha, but tells me it cannot control it!

So in the end, installing the system from scratch:
I. Fixed the Update Problem
II. Has broken my existing AURA Environment

Anyone have an idea what to try to get the RAM and Monitor working again?

BigDaddyXD wrote:
I solved the update cycle problem by formatting and reinstalling my system. But now Armoury Crate does no longer recognize my Corsair Vengeance RGB RAMs and my PG27VQ Monitor. And it shows my ROG Spatha, but tells me it cannot control it!

So in the end, installing the system from scratch:
I. Fixed the Update Problem
II. Has broken my existing AURA Environment

Anyone have an idea what to try to get the RAM and Monitor working again?

Formatting my PC is not a solution to be honest. Especially when it caused you to have other issues. This is supposed to be an easy to use software easy to install.

I think Asus should scrap it and start a new from scratch. It has been only problems since day 1

I couldn't agree more. And ASUS still markets "ASUS AURA" as some kind of interoperable platform for your lighting. If you buy 10 Products, each bearing the ASUS AURA logo, it's no wonder users expect all these components to work together flawlessly. This clearly is not correct...
Not using RGB lighting is not an option for me. I do care about the looks of my system.