cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB

coolingthunder
Level 7
Hi,

Just upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 3700X on a Crosshair VIII WiFi mobo.

Yesterday RGB and armoury crate worked fine.

Had to update BIOS and some general drivers and Armoury crate no longer recognizes my motherboard (this sercice only works with ROG devices or something along those lines) and when I click the AURA button I get the message ''connect at least one aura sync compatible device'') which I have:

-RAM
-mobo
-Thermaltake fans and RGB strips on a Thermaltake Aura Sync hub which worked yesterday just fine

-EKWB velocity rgb waterblock
-Bitspower Aura sync compatible flow indicator

all of these are eiter stuck on red or rainbow unicorn barf.

What is causing this? Have already tried reinstalling, clearing CMOS, safe boot reinstall, CCleaner registry cleaner, manual deletion of remnants I could find, REVOuninstaller,.... nothing works.

Any ideas?

Have also tried installing only AURA SYNC but that doesnt even start saying that the auraservice is not running even though I followed all the guides I could find online for installing that program.

Why does none of this work??????
67 REPLIES 67

Thanks that worked. My RAM would not sync and one RAM stick was off. I unplugged my computer, turned off the power switch, then held down the case power switch to drain the capacitors. Then I turned on the power and booted my PC back up. The RAM lit up, but was not synced. I then rebooted, went into the Armory Crate, and was able to sync with my desired lighting effect.

There were a few janky things I tried from past suggestions

Uninstall/reinstall
Go to Registry in the computer to delete lightingservice registries (this actually made it worse, would not suggest doing this)
reinstalling aura sync, not just armory crate
turning off the aura in the BIOS and back on again, etc..

None of these worked. I was originally going to WindowsHome button -> Add or remove programs -> Uninstall

BUT

ASUS has a dedicated "Armoury Crate" uninstall tool
I had to actually go to Support -> Find my product (used the drop down boxes to find my motherboard model: ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
Then I selected "Drivers and Tools"
THEN you actually have to scroll down and select "See more Tools" because the uninstall tool is hidden as the last "tool"
Then it gives you an option to download the uninstall tool

(Thank you ASUS for making this soooo~ easy to find 😕 )

anyways, the actual uninstall tool probably removes extra device files to reset the system. After using the ACTUAL Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool and re-installing armoury crate, it now recognizes my Motherboard

Arokhantos
Level 10
I expect more from asus when paying premium what the actual **** what a piece of garbage this app is and older software is just as bad, like what the ****
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

xcr89
Level 7
My Armoury crate was working previously now suddenly after new update and component updatess within the program its not working any longer my whole program is broken, i should have never updated.

If asus support wont help me fix this, i will send my rog ryujin 360 back and tell the reseller there is a serious issue with their armoury crate program that isnt overwriting previous installtions properly or there is simply missing files, leftover registery that corrupt the whole program and its components to the point where even when uninstalling everything according to FAQ does not help and there have not been any patch or fix for this issue for a long time.

I shouldnt have to reformat my whole windows everytime a new update comes out or its components within the program brakes the whole program, that's just ridicilous solution.

*Stuck in update loop*
And I am back to having issues with this software. I can not access aura sync functions. I was pushed a few up updates today. All of which installed fine until the Rog Gladius II.

"Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart the system and retry. (Error code: 12)"

Because of this I no longer have control of aura sync functions nor can I edit in aura creator. No devices are seen. None of the previous fixes work. I have powered down & removed power source. I have reinstalled Armoury Crate using ArmouryCrateInstallTool. Nothing is allowing me to update the Rog Gladius II.

help (yet again)

Sticky Thread dedicated to Armoury Crate error issues = https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118323-Armoury-Crate-V2-7-8-0-Report-here-if-any-issues
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO [BIOS 4805], ROG STRIX FLARE, ROG STRIX ARION, ROG GLADIUS II, ROG PG248Q, Armoury Crate UWP App 5.8.9.0
Ryzen 7 5800X3D [Chipset 6.02.07.2300], RTX 2070 [Driver 551.86], 16gb 3200Mhz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2

sebsolace wrote:
*Stuck in update loop*
And I am back to having issues with this software. I can not access aura sync functions. I was pushed a few up updates today. All of which installed fine until the Rog Gladius II.

"Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart the system and retry. (Error code: 12)"

Because of this I no longer have control of aura sync functions nor can I edit in aura creator. No devices are seen. None of the previous fixes work. I have powered down & removed power source. I have reinstalled Armoury Crate using ArmouryCrateInstallTool. Nothing is allowing me to update the Rog Gladius II.

help (yet again)

Sticky Thread dedicated to Armoury Crate error issues = https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118323-Armoury-Crate-V2-7-8-0-Report-here-if-any-issues

Dude I am in the same boat. I've spent an hour mucking around, initially the issue i had was HAL on Gladius 2 not updating, error code 12, but also my RAM RGB disappeared. The RAM was fixed by removing power source, but I still cant update the gladius 2. Hopefully it is patched soon, given we've both got the same issue at the same time.

TSportM
Level 11
Same problem here cant update my rog chakram mouse, and becouse i cant update i cant change any settings on the mouse buttons etc, and becouse this software is buggy as hell if you unistall it you still have a ton of services, the 15/07/2020 , killed a already bad software, at least gives a proper unnistaller for cleaning this mess.

fix it
Rig1 - 14900KS - P112 - E88- MC86- Pcore 6.0/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D

Ok suddenly it allowed me to update my mouse HAL, using armoury crate from windows store. Then I kept getting the armoury crate updater stuck at 1/4 complete on start up. Used the updated installed from asus website for my mobo and then boom it worked suddenly. Thank farrr!!

Papey wrote:
Ok suddenly it allowed me to update my mouse HAL, using armoury crate from windows store. Then I kept getting the armoury crate updater stuck at 1/4 complete on start up. Used the updated installed from asus website for my mobo and then boom it worked suddenly. Thank farrr!!

the fix was deploy 2h ago. update can be done now in app.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Hey guys, the fix works... Yesterday I received several updates, and error code 12 while upgrading Gladius too, I've just successfully updated it. Don't mess with installation, Armoury Crate is a software that must be installed on time and leave it alone...
Now, I hope this wave of updates can resolve an annoying bug for me: if I set a color combination on my mobo and my mouse, in game i'm sure I will lost color sync. My mouse simply stucks on one color while mobo keeps changing them as expected... I'd like to buy a rog keyboard soon, but if this problem won't be resolved, I will leave asus peripherals for something more stable.