cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB

coolingthunder
Level 7
Hi,

Just upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 3700X on a Crosshair VIII WiFi mobo.

Yesterday RGB and armoury crate worked fine.

Had to update BIOS and some general drivers and Armoury crate no longer recognizes my motherboard (this sercice only works with ROG devices or something along those lines) and when I click the AURA button I get the message ''connect at least one aura sync compatible device'') which I have:

-RAM
-mobo
-Thermaltake fans and RGB strips on a Thermaltake Aura Sync hub which worked yesterday just fine

-EKWB velocity rgb waterblock
-Bitspower Aura sync compatible flow indicator

all of these are eiter stuck on red or rainbow unicorn barf.

What is causing this? Have already tried reinstalling, clearing CMOS, safe boot reinstall, CCleaner registry cleaner, manual deletion of remnants I could find, REVOuninstaller,.... nothing works.

Any ideas?

Have also tried installing only AURA SYNC but that doesnt even start saying that the auraservice is not running even though I followed all the guides I could find online for installing that program.

Why does none of this work??????
67 REPLIES 67

Weaver2
Level 7
I have a Dark Hero VIII and armory crate just won't find it anymore. I updated and it just is not there. I've checked in the bios and aura is set to be enabled.
I tried the power cycling trick others outlined and it doesn't work.
I updated the BIOS in hopes it would fix whatever weird aura store happened on the mobo but nothing.

I don't really know what to do.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled crate countless times now.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.

josestarx
Level 7

I fd up... I thought I'd install Win11 and be happy. well what happened is that after the install Asus ArmouryCrate (the software to control all the RGB lightning) got updated and in the update that arrived literally yesterday, they dropped my Graphics card out of the supported list. So now my PC had one stupid looking rainbow vomit component in the middle of all harmonic blue glow. I needed to install the newest ArmouryCrate and the latest unsupported LightningService (AURA) and then set the lightning to blue, then reset windows to brand new.

Now I have a nice solid blue glow, without armourycrate. I'm not sure if this works for you...

Be quick, before the Republican police of "Republic of Gamers" find out! Be rebel!

ma3rian
Level 7

it-s because you connected all the rgb to one a-rgb header on the motherboard

one specific header can be used up to 120 leds

MASH777
Level 7

I just want to share an update in reference to this issue.

I was able to fix  it, seems the not recognizing devices is connected to the updates and a specific driver.

after reinstalling all my drivers and updating my bios, I ended up manually updating each and after updating the SDK.

Armoury crate started to detect devices in my CPU.

I hope this could help others.

Let us know how it goes.

I have uninstalled AC multiple times, when reinstalling all hardware is found, configurable. But that lasts about 1,5-2 weeks, then either my MOBO or my Ryujin (or both) disappear from the AURA list and then I can't configure them via the hardware section anymore as well.

So I do this, 2 x a month. In the beginning with AURA I was an early adaptor and all the hasle was OK, now we are a few years down the road and I went all ROG to be able to synchronise the hardware. This is a mistake I will not make again, this is by far the most unstable piece of software I ever had on any of my systems. I even had to reinstall windows to remove previous ROG software when I upgraded to new hardware.

They will ask if you over overclock, which I should be able to since I have the hardware for it, but I can't because my system becomes unstable. I can't OC processor (i9-12900k) or memory (running at 4800Mhz when I have corsair 5600Mhz). Everything compatible with my Maximus Z690.

summary: I have spend $1000's on ROG hardware and I can't get RGB working stabily and I can't overclock even the tiniest bit. They did try to help me, but they have no clue what is going on my rig and they can't get/create log data to see whats going on.

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

muaraw
Level 7

Go to services and stop lightningservice and it will work fine.

jamesalan
Level 7

Hi,

It seems like you're facing a complex issue with Armoury Crate not recognizing your devices and controlling RGB after a BIOS update. Since you've already tried the common fixes like reinstalling Armoury Crate, clearing CMOS, and using CCleaner, it might be a compatibility issue with the new BIOS version. I recommend checking if there are any specific BIOS settings related to RGB control or peripheral detection that might have been reset after the update. If the issue persists, reaching out to ASUS Support for more specialized guidance could be beneficial. They might have insights or updates specific to your motherboard model.

Regards

James

krystian__
Level 7

piece of...s...hours wasted.... and the whole secret was to install the full AC version

1. uninstall AC with tool! Armory Crate Uninstall Tool

2. Reboot (necessarily!)

3. (oprional - for sure) check any asustec software (like sync etc) - uninstall and restart system.

4. install Armory Crate Full Installation Package!!! (not shi...y Armory Crate & Aura Creator Installer)  After starting, the installer detected all my Asus devices - motherboard, VGA, keyboard - and suggested appropriate options