cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate not recognizing devices and unable to control RGB

coolingthunder
Level 7
Hi,

Just upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 3700X on a Crosshair VIII WiFi mobo.

Yesterday RGB and armoury crate worked fine.

Had to update BIOS and some general drivers and Armoury crate no longer recognizes my motherboard (this sercice only works with ROG devices or something along those lines) and when I click the AURA button I get the message ''connect at least one aura sync compatible device'') which I have:

-RAM
-mobo
-Thermaltake fans and RGB strips on a Thermaltake Aura Sync hub which worked yesterday just fine

-EKWB velocity rgb waterblock
-Bitspower Aura sync compatible flow indicator

all of these are eiter stuck on red or rainbow unicorn barf.

What is causing this? Have already tried reinstalling, clearing CMOS, safe boot reinstall, CCleaner registry cleaner, manual deletion of remnants I could find, REVOuninstaller,.... nothing works.

Any ideas?

Have also tried installing only AURA SYNC but that doesnt even start saying that the auraservice is not running even though I followed all the guides I could find online for installing that program.

Why does none of this work??????
67 REPLIES 67

*fix did not work*
Armoury Crate pushed me a memory & mouse update today. They both installed fine, there was no error code:12 for the rog gladius ii this time. Devices are up to date. However, aura sync functions are still very broken and not working. No devices are seen by aura sync. I have no control over mobo, ram, or led header. Still can not edit, etc in aura creator either.

sebsolace wrote:
*fix did not work*
Armoury Crate pushed me a memory & mouse update today. They both installed fine, there was no error code:12 for the rog gladius ii this time. Devices are up to date. However, aura sync functions are still very broken and not working. No devices are seen by aura sync. I have no control over mobo, ram, or led header. Still can not edit, etc in aura creator either.

I had my RAM not being recognised (G.SKILL). I powered down, unplugged PSU (or switch it off) and wait 10 seconds. Reconnected and RAM was working again. Try that!

Papey wrote:
I had my RAM not being recognised (G.SKILL). I powered down, unplugged PSU (or switch it off) and wait 10 seconds. Reconnected and RAM was working again. Try that!

thanks, this method had worked pre the 7/15/20 updates but unfortunately it does not fix my current issue

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Not sure if this helps, but has anyone tried reinstalling Windows and then installing Armoury Crate again?

Super Gnome wrote:
Not sure if this helps, but has anyone tried reinstalling Windows and then installing Armoury Crate again?

Me! Six month ago, I was trying to fix my stuck sync bug, messing around with installation and uninstallation, but the situation went worse and worse... Disapperead devices, update loops and every problem that fitting this forum. I buyed my first M2, so I did a fresh Windows installation on it. Armoury crate came back to normal behaviour, apart from sync bug... but this follow my rig from before Armoury Crate exists

Caverpillar wrote:
Me! Six month ago, I was trying to fix my stuck sync bug, messing around with installation and uninstallation, but the situation went worse and worse... Disapperead devices, update loops and every problem that fitting this forum. I buyed my first M2, so I did a fresh Windows installation on it. Armoury crate came back to normal behaviour, apart from sync bug... but this follow my rig from before Armoury Crate exists

I've given up on sync and all of that RGB, digital display stuff, etc. It worked for a few months and then it became a source of headaches. I no longer install any Asus software except for the Bios, and park my rigs so you cant really see them whenever possible. Asus hardware is its strong point. The software is mostly garbage. If there was any choice I wouldnt even install a Bios.

Super Gnome wrote:
I've given up on sync and all of that RGB, digital display stuff, etc. It worked for a few months and then it became a source of headaches. I no longer install any Asus software except for the Bios, and park my rigs so you cant really see them whenever possible. Asus hardware is its strong point. The software is mostly garbage. If there was any choice I wouldnt even install a Bios.

I've just pressed F to respect. My bug is still here, what a shame... At this point, I think Asus software situation won't be better, I'm really sad to leave Rog family soon, but we work hard to buy elite products, they MUST work like a charm.

I have the Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha (v2001 is the only bios). I uninstalled/reinstalled Armory Crate multiple times with REVO uninstaller. I followed every fix I could find on the internet and this forum. Nothing worked, things just got worse. At this point, "Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Hal" will not update. In "Device", when I click on my motherboard I get a message that I need to update to continue. I click on check update and it brings me to the Update Center where it says that the Rog Zenith Extreme Alpha Hal needs to be updated. As I said earlier this will not update. If I go to Aura Sync it tells me I need to update and go to the Update Center... Before this nonsense, my mobo, gpu, ram and led's stopped showing in Aura Sync. This is the most expensive computer I have built. I used Asus this time, because everyone said their hardware is great. I have never been more disappointed in my life. I got the RGB experience so the software is a very important factor. Now my computer only does this ugly wavy rainbow thing (/cry). Any other suggestions? Reinstalling windows is a nuclear option and I am not quite there yet.

Caverpillar wrote:
I've just pressed F to respect. My bug is still here, what a shame... At this point, I think Asus software situation won't be better, I'm really sad to leave Rog family soon, but we work hard to buy elite products, they MUST work like a charm.

I apologize for my English, this is not my native language, so I use google translate, but I want to share how I solved the problem. I installed the Revounninstaller program, through it I uninstalled the all armory applications, during uninstallation, the revounninstaller program will offer to clean the registry, and so there you need to check all the boxes and delete, everything that it prompts to delete must be deleted, thereby cleaning the registry. Next, we reboot the PC, install armory again and reboot again, after that rgb/devices began to work for me.

it is probably also worth noting that before I started doing all this, I first disconnected the computer from the electricity, waited 5 minutes and then began to carry out these actions described above

Nino_1973
Level 7
Hiii hello have rampage VI Extreme with windows 10 pro I replaced the cpu and ssd I reinstalled everything but with armory create something wrong I put the screens on it I don't understand if I have the rog theme because it gives me the TUF theme, I have uninstalled the program many times I have also installed the system but nothing, can someone tell me what to do