cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate / lightingservice high CPU on RGB usage

beardstheticz
Level 7
Why does Armoury Crate have such high CPU usage if the RGB profile is set to anything but static? I am talking 5-10% on a Ryzen 3600 (TUF X570).

Yes, I've tried everything possible I could search and find to get it to work i.e. uninstall, reinstall, updates, etc. As soon as I switch it to static it drops to 1% or less.

Please ASUS fix this terrible software. I went with you on this build because I trusted you, but this is unacceptable and searching through this forum, reddit, and anywhere else online I've found nothing but complaints for as long as Armoury Crate has been around. I signed up on this forum just to voice one more opinion to contribute to the growing evidence that your program needs a lot of work.
4 REPLIES 4

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
5% i have when i use the app most of the time is 2%. but i am using enoght all so is ok for me. the app is ok still need work. and some point here and there.

I can be sure that the armory crate (lightservice) use less than the brouwer you are using to read these. Is working a update is coming soon .

Thanks for the voice of opinon. in the mean time i will continue the help and take notes.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
5% i have when i use the app most of the time is 2%. but i am using enoght all so is ok for me. the app is ok still need work. and some point here and there.

I can be sure that the armory crate (lightservice) use less than the brouwer you are using to read these. Is working a update is coming soon .

Thanks for the voice of opinon. in the mean time i will continue the help and take notes.

I'm sorry, maybe I should have been more clear:

Lightingservice + armourycrate when in any other form than static take up ~5-10% CPU.

My browser (firefox) viewing this forum takes up 0.2%-0.4%

Thanks for responding and I appreciate the comment 🙂

I have the same issue. LightingService from Armoury Crate easily use like one core of CPU when the color mode is not static.

I found that using the ASUS Aura Utility (the file called Lighting_Control_1.07.79) https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html instead of the Armoury Crate can reduce the CPU usage of LightingService (even for non-static mode). However, ASUS Aura Utility is not very compatible with Armoury Crate (they overwrite each other's settings).

louis925 wrote:
I have the same issue. LightingService from Armoury Crate easily use like one core of CPU when the color mode is not static.

I found that using the ASUS Aura Utility (the file called Lighting_Control_1.07.79) https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html instead of the Armoury Crate can reduce the CPU usage of LightingService (even for non-static mode). However, ASUS Aura Utility is not very compatible with Armoury Crate (they overwrite each other's settings).

Thank you, I'm giving this a shot now