cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate is hijacking my power management profile

Skippy66
Level 7
Hi,
I have discovered a problem when I was trying to under volt my CPU to run it cooler.
The problem:
I set the windows 10 home power plan to 'Balanced' as wanted to run the CPU cooler, and then at every re-boot I find the power plan changed to
'high performance'.
After some digging with msconfig I found that the 'Armoury crate' software is hijacking my preference and sets it to the 'High performance' setting.
I cannot find anywhere in the Armoury Crate to adjust / set this to the balanced profile.

Question:
How can I stop this without having to un-install Armoury Crate? (ver 1.4.1.0)

GL704GW laptop
I8750h
RTX2070
32Gb Ram

Cheers
Skippy66
4 REPLIES 4

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Skippy66 wrote:

After some digging with msconfig I found that the 'Armoury crate' software is hijacking my preference and sets it to the 'High performance' setting.
I cannot find anywhere in the Armoury Crate to adjust / set this to the balanced profile.

Gamefirst V hijacked one of my CPU cores and had it running at 100%--which in turn was causing my CPU to heat up. Cortana did the same. Hence I simply uninstalled Gamefirst V, and disabled Cortana (tricky process but I've never been happier).

Do post how you solved your problem. I'm surprised Armory Crate is causing problems since it does not cause problems on my system. But I also don't run it often (oh wait, no--I have it start to check for updates when my system starts... doh). Is it starting automatically when you start your computer? You can stop it from starting automatically at startup via Task Manager (Cntl plus Alt and Delete to start it).

Yes, Armoury crate starts automatically, yes I have the option of disabling it, but I was hoping that there was a simple means within the software itself vs disabling it entirely.
If not options within Armoury crate I may as well un-install it .

Cheers
Skippy66

Skippy66 wrote:
I was hoping that there was a simple means within the software itself vs disabling it entirely.
If not options within Armoury crate I may as well un-install it .

Cheers
Skippy66

I would disable it and probably uninstall it, myself. Other options are setting it to not start automatically and then manually starting it for a quick check for updates and then turning it off (in Task Manager). Or you could just let it start automatically and check for updates and then you could turn it off using Task Master before your machine starts to heat up (I wouldn't like that option, myself though). You can also go to your support page regularly and check for updates there. I have two ROG motherboards--one that was made in 2011, and I have done that with it--including pinning the page to my browser menu or Favorites bar at the top of the screen. My new ROG motherboard has two sets of software that can check for updates (I believe). Here is a link for your machine, (I think): https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-SCAR-II/HelpDesk_Download/. I also have an Intel CPU and use this to check for updates (it's great): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html. I also have GeForce Experience and use it to check for updates all the time. There is also Windows Updates, and I go there all the time. My security software also tells me when there are updates for more than just security. Updates, though, huh? Arg... My iPad mini does everything all in one place... And automatically!

Good luck. 😄

rogerthat33
Level 7

there is a battle between china and the us that involves forcing each other to use or pay more for power.

the power consumption through laptop or desktop using more than just these apps is not a developer blindness but an attack in my factual opinion.

take a big step back from everything you have been taught then look very closely at man and his home earth. do this with no precepts and do not make compulsive assessments. you may discover something.

as for stopping the power consumption just uninstall. the my asus app also.  update computer/drivers and uninstall.

if you play games they will run better. 

when using those 2 apps my power bill went up by 90 dollars in a months time.

when its said you need those apps know its a lie