cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate Greatness ( /s )

GeorgeKps
Level 7
A final rant after which i'll never ask for help again since this is the last Asus hardware i'll ever own.

ROG Crosshair VI Hero + Asus RX580 TOP OC + Asus Claymore + detachable numpad + Armoury Crate (since Claymore's software tells people to upgrade to Armoury Crate)

All was working fine, then an indication of an update was on. I click update. Everything breaks! It breaks to a point that the LED's are always on, you can't update the Aura service which has a notification. There's an error 10 of a very "useful" message which reads: "Sorry, we cannot finish the file installation. Please restart your system and retry. (Error code: 10).

When clicking on the Aura sync icon, the message reads "Service Error. Certain Aura sync maybe disabled because some Asus application services are not running properly. Go to Armoury Crate FAQ page for troubleshooting and re-enable all the features."
The page has no "enable" word of course. After visiting the appropriate section, there's this message:
"1-2. Troubleshoot
If you encounter an error in Armoury Crate, please refer below to troubleshoot.

1-2-1. Service error
Please restart your computer or laptop, if the problem still persists, download the Armoury Crate Installer and reinstall Armoury Crate again. You may download the Armoury Crate Installer from the ASUS support site."

After reinstalling Armoury Crate, the m/board isn't shown as an Aura Sync device. Which means that the LEDs are on. And if i manage to switch it off in the BIOS, the Graphics Card LEDs are also on.

You're the biggest m/board company out there but you have the worst software. The only company that can compare to you is Corsair. And maybe they've changed with the years...
It's amazing how you keep losing customers. I guess Marketing works wonders. "Outshine the competition" (even when the software keeps breaking)
This is the last one. The next upgrade will have zero Asus hardware.

And since you don't follow your troubleshooting guidelines successfully, i don't have to follow the problem posting guidelines. Because we all know that the only solution to this problem is for me to reinstall Windows.

Here, have some screen shots for your eyes to feast on.
Enjoy !
0 REPLIES 0