cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate doesn't update

Sagnol
Level 7
I just installed Armoury Crate so i can change the settings of my new asus mouse/keyboard.
When i go to device>mouse(Rog Gladius 2) it says "Required to do device update to continue".
I go to the updates tab then i have 3 updates, after the updates are finished they do not seem to be installed because everytime it says that i have updates...
What is going on with this buggy software...
12 REPLIES 12

Chrizzy
Level 7
...your not alone and no-one have the solution either!

Chrizzy wrote:
...your not alone and no-one have the solution either!

While you lose the potential functionality of things like lighting and updating, it remains only potential. Solution: uninstall and forget. Asus software is horrible, always has been, always will be. Problem solved.

Idea: Install new OS Windows 10 64

Can I load a separate Software to control my AIO Ryujin ? Is the software ASUS LIVEDASH still working ? If so, where can i download livedash ?

KILLER_K
Level 10
Indeed, welcome to the club. We are all just sitting here waiting for something good to happen. If they would make a complete tool to remove everything that would be a big help. As of right now, all their software leaves a good amount of files behind now. I'm not sure if we are beta testing for them or what is actually going on now. It is what it is.

What actually needs to happen is all this RGB needs to be universal and you should be able to use the app you want to control it. No one wants to have 10 different manufacture software to control various RGB in 2019.

KILLER_K wrote:
Indeed, welcome to the club. We are all just sitting here waiting for something good to happen. If they would make a complete tool to remove everything that would be a big help. As of right now, all their software leaves a good amount of files behind now. I'm not sure if we are beta testing for them or what is actually going on now. It is what it is.

What actually needs to happen is all this RGB needs to be universal and you should be able to use the app you want to control it. No one wants to have 10 different manufacture software to control various RGB in 2019.

lol are they even serious? i cannot even control my motherboard lightning right now. And Aura seems to recognise only my ram keyboard mouse without showing up my mobo...

BigJohnny
Level 13
While ASUS makes some great hardware software is not and has never been and id doubt will ever be one of their strong suits. Im still waiting on a version of AURA and GPU tweak that works correctly. Beautiful abilities on an R6E motherboard that is running static red and I use MSI after burner, yes software by another manufacturer, for my pair of 2080Ti Strix cards because GPU tweak just had never worked either. Latest version still wont start correctly and wont save profiles. Then you have Armory Crate, Armory, and the worst of them all AI Suite. Ive just come to accept that Ill have to take the hardware as is and find alternate methods for software.

flyinion
Level 12
Yeah this software is ridiculous. I installed Aura when I built my X570 Crosshair VIII based system a couple months ago, Armoury Crate auto-installed. Eh it worked ok, then the recent update mentions on the motherboard's downloads page that you should uninstall Aura if you have Armoury Crate so I did. That sent me down a two hour hole of tons of reboots and uninstall/reinstall of different versions of just Amoury Crate and just Aura and NEITHER worked correctly on its own. I ended going against Asus' instructions and put them both back on the system together and everything is back to working. I agree their software is totally ridiculous.

KILLER_K
Level 10
The only way I got mine to work last time was a fresh OS install. Armoury Crate worked for a little while, Then I installed Asus Suite 3 and everything went to crap. I have tried registry cleaning, manually deleting. searching and deleting. As my board will not show up in Armoury crate 2. installed Aura to see if I could get that. But I'm stuck with an app crash or service not found or running. When it is in fact running. Looks like it is Rainbow for Board and the ram for a long time now.

I even tried the G.Skill app for my ram. It will not even work from all the Asus mess it has left behind and not working. It is what it is.

its incredibly stupid that they cant fix something as simple as this. maybe they need to hire people that know what they're doing . like someone from anywhere at this point. my armory crate hasnt worked for days now. worked fine 1 day and the next nothing. uninstalled everything and reinstalled and still nothing.heck my armory crate wont even update past beta now and its really pissing me off to the point im about to sell my rig and go with gigabye or literally anything else. which sucks because i really love the asus rog ryujin. that little live dash screen is so nice and i cant even get gifs to work on that. asus really screwed the pooch on this one. i'd rather have to wait and it be done right the first time then whats been happening. also. before i forget i had to edit this. theres NO DRIVER updates at all when i go to the asus support site. nothign but bios updates.