cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate damaged my whole system

Era3tone
Level 7
So I bought a asus rog strix g few weeks back and now on after 2 weeks. It started giving me problems and I mean a lot of them.
So when I received the device, it worked great and everything was good for a week then suddenly the armoury crate stopped saving profiles or lost it's functionality. The aura sync was gone and the rgb was stuck on color cycle. Then some minor bugs came as well and I reset ed the laptop to maybe solve this issue.

After the reset and first boot the device seemed to work fine again but after a restart to install updates, the problems came so after some googling I choose to reset again and stop the asus live service under services.msc option. This option seemed to work, a had to suffer with some bad rgb but the laptop was working great again. But yesterday after some update or something the rog key to open the armoury crate does not work and also the fan change profile to set to other modes stopped working at all. I had to manually open armoury crate and there was no aura sync menu and the rgb was stuckeat color cycle now.

Then came another big blow and this was the most annoying, the laptop started to stutter a lot and was slow even in simple file transfer. I looked in the background processes and there was a process called armoury crate user session which was opening again and closing which maybe causing stutters but the laptop is seriously slow. I had a ssd installed and to transfer 3gb file it took me 30 min. I played csgo earlier and it ran at 140+ fps at high setting but after this problem, csgo ran at 50 fps with too many 1% low that it was not playable anymore. I did also installed drivers again manually but it did not solve the problem, I don't think it's a hardware problem as everything works after a reset but after a restart back to square one. If anyone also encountered this problem please do help me. I called for the asus service and hope they fix it fast as I have to leave for college in 2 weeks now.

This being my first Asus laptop and being greeted with this changed my mindset about the one time great asus. Still if anyone can please help me !
28 REPLIES 28

WowMags
Level 7
People please stop buying ASUS products until they commit to actually writing and supporting quality software.*

jlarmstr
Level 7
I know this is an old thread, but I cannot help it. Armoury Crate SUCKS! I installed it against my better judgement, knowing how 'iffy' Asus software usually is, but I thought -- it's been years since I wrestled with their "enthusiast" software cratering my system. Boy was I wrong, it was worse than ever. You buy this expensive board (I mean really expensive) and you are forced to install a ton load of absolute garbage just to get the lighting to do what you want. Sucks is a very weak word to describe the utter garbage that is Asus software.

i don't know people keep trying to install this junk!!

andjayik wrote:
i don't know people keep trying to install this junk!!

because that is main selling Asus rog..unfortunately not really good

cekeu
Level 12
Automatic registry cleaners are flawed and capable of incorrectly identifying and removing important registry values, so they're not as secure as you might think.
I am using armory crate and have no problem with it. It is stable and works very well. But let me say that since the day I no longer use unnecessary cleaners my system and its applications are running smoothly. I only use the tools integrated into the system for maintenance.

xeromist
For anyone coming across this thread: if you have issues with Armoury Crate ASUS now makes an uninstaller available on the product support pages for whatever hardware you have purchased. In the event that the uninstaller does not resolve your issue please submit a bug report as outlined in MasterC's current sticky thread at the top of the Armoury Crate sub-forum. That thread changes as new versions come out. Thank you.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

@xeromist Bug reports are useless. I've been having crash issues with ArmouryCrate for about  a year now and the provided uninstaller never works (always fails). Only way I could get rid of it is by manually disabling ArmouryCrate and using a third party application to remove it. 

Of course I reported this about a year ago with Asus, and never got a response. Since Asus customer support is absolutely useless. I highly recommend anyone go third party for any help with Asus products as other companies seem to know more about Asus products than Asus themselves lmao

klausbn
Level 9
As long as they make money, everything else can be the same, they are becoming like Microsoft who make something new just for the sake of making it,
not to improve it, so making durable hardware doesn't help that your PC becomes slow and that it half the software doesn't work correctly,
therefore I have removed Armory crate from all our computers and all friends have followed suit and we now have stable computers again.

klausbn
Level 9

it is the worst program EVER and they keep updating and new problems every time, it will never be any good FACT.