cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate and ROG thor

R3d_Viking
Level 7
So I am seeing that the ROG thor power supply is a certified aura sync device however it is not showing on armoury Crate. The only thing I see is my motherboard (tuf gaming x570 wifi), RAM (not certified but argb works) and an addressable header. The thor psu does not show as it's own device as it is connected to addressable header. Is this working as it should be or not? I had some trouble installing armoury Crate and installing aura sync before windows had downloaded all its updates.
5 REPLIES 5

hurricanoday
Level 7
I'm pretty sure mine is connected through the rgb header and the header is listed in aura sync tab of armoury crate. Meaning it doesn't say rog thor just says "AddressableHeader"

Same problem with me.

Hey guys
I have the same issue
its synced but not showing up in Arm.C
have you guys found a solution
is it possible it just syncs and doesnt show up...since there is no software or driver for it on Asus website?

Elrosquasard
Level 8
It is not a device that works alone. As it says hurricanoday is running through the addresable header.

Mystyfyer
Level 7

Hi, I just wanted to say something rather important about this topic. I recently put together a full ASUS RoG gaming system. RoG components: X299-E Gaming board that has 2 ARGB header connection points, RoG Strix RTX3080 vga, RoG Thor Platinum II psu, RoG Helios mid-tower case and Rog Ryujin cpu AIO.

Non-RoG gear is the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB memory, Crucial NVMe SSD's and a Razer Chroma RGB controller to run my internal ARGB lights on my fans and strips rather than Armory Crate.

Everyone has commented on software fixes for the Aura Sync / Armory Crate software not detecting or detecting but not controlling the psu. I found that it was a hardware issue. I had uninstalled and re-installed the Armory Crate a few times, and done more than a few clean OS installs the last couple of days, driving me nuts but the culprit was actually a defectively manufactured cable connecting the psu to the RGB header. The psu end was made well and had no issues, but the header connector to the motherboard (or my Razer RGB Controller) had a flexing short/open position, by jiggling the wire right near the actual header end, I finally found that was my issue. The "addressable strip" did show up in armory crate, but was not doing anything when I tried to access it alone, when the psu was connected to the Razer controller, it never showed up at all. I simply cut off the header connection a couple of inches away from the end (after determining the wire configuration) and soldered on a new connector from a fan, it worked great!

I hope that the problems you have can be a simple to solve as this, but it took a little while to determine it was the cable.