cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArmoryCrate UPDATE aio is back in control 10/14/2019

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Rogers.

Today a update has being push to the ARMORY CRATE users.

Please. make the the update as it appear and take notes as follows IF you have some issues

Notes.
1. DO NOT USE any type of windows registry programs. (sorry: I do not care, Just do not use it)
2. There are 2 update. and boot it appears that is not working. IF on restart appears again MAKE again the update. (should be 2 )
3. In the case the 3 reboot and some missing modules like the aio. follow my fix below. (we are working to make a runtime inside the app with my fix since is working 99% of the times and has being test)
4. I repeat again. DO NOT USE any type of registry cleaning programs with Armory Crate. These is NOT a app to control lights. Is a app to reprogram a ROM base application to the AURA chip on our board. it is call the AURA CHIP.
5. Most issues are related on legacy boot. Make sure that UEFI is all the way. (CSM disable and UEFI BOOT ONLY)
6. these is test made using 100% asus products. I have NO idea if these work on a stand alone app like using another brand of products like motherboard gpus etc hybrid use i have to take notes. Please i want to hear these from all)

I am using 100% OEM drivers from my CODE XI. I will test these on the Formula XI and HERO XI since i have my own testing team with 100% identical machines. For the moment no x570 so i have to digg my own group on Facebook to check on those feedback. the app is available as a stand alone with the aio and some new devices. I think the ROG ARMORY will eventually support legacy products only. and i suspect these is the route to be follow. I do not work with ASUS or get paid. I am just a user that all that offer my free time to check debug and test the app since the ArmoryCrate start last year.

I will take ONLY z390 (ROG TUFF) and I will create a post ONLY for these. Please be gentile and direct since I am reporting to specific people that want these work. x570 make sure last bios is in, CSM DISALBE and full UEFI is in. These is importat. On AMD everyone as to be there anyways. Unless you are using LINUX that requiere legacy. for that I am sorry no idea if these can work. but so far is UEFI all the way.

Also and just in case. These are the list of working (10/14/2019) peripherals compatible. For the moment until i can get some cash i can not test the monitor functions. But some DO appear since my best friend has one. Eventually i will get more gear to test.

Some new modules will be added to the audio department and some fan control but we need to be patience.

For the users that starting to use the Armory Crate. In order to these to work. you have to uninstall (DO NOT use cleanners) the aura app before using the crate.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and right away restart and restart the computer.

List of compatible peripheral. NOTE the Spatha will NOT make the list. The Clarymore is still on works, I will ask later but i think will not make the list. Here is the list

Keyboard
ROG STRIX Flare / ROG STRIX Scope / ROG STROX Flare COD / ROG STRIX Flare PNK

Mouse:
ROG Gladius II Origin / ROG Gladius II / ROG STRIX Impact / ROG Gladius II Origin COD / ROG Gladius II Origin PNK

Mouse Pad:
ROG Balteus Qi (ONLY for the moment)

There is still a lot to be done.
1. Armory crate at boot there is some idle. YES not much. 10% you will see a some power on red. On idle is 2.3% and use 12.6mb of memory and around 1% of gpu.
2. Some functionally is still buggy and does not affect
3. on keyboard and mouse that are link to aura, will NOT be accessible until aura is sync. that is why on keyboards compatible there is a module for MACROS. and on the aio the light tap is void until the aura is link. the rest will work independent of the aura is sync or not.
4. I have to test the mouse. I have 1 in coming from the list, So i can test the module.

Aside these thanks. asorry for my English.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
150 REPLIES 150

LeChat
Level 8
I think you can update it to that version from the Windows Store.

Cheers!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I think they pull out the update.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

cyber1000
Level 8
Asus software is a huge f*ckin mess, i have none of those settings, uninstalled aura now theres no rgb at all, html still doesnt update, ive reinstalled armoury 500 times, everything is still completely broken even on latest.

Buying a 3500€ system to end struggling with free crap software, theres not a single asus software that works as intended, there always needs to be function breaking bugs, fix one thing breaks the others. ugh

Which is why rog spatha is still broken af

Ok after doing the lightingservice restart and stuff now everything updated correctly (i guess) and aio is working too, we need to go through so much to make anything asus work...

But the ryujin fan control, maximus XI Hero control and RTX 2080 STRIX still doesn't work, ASUS what do you do?

Aura recognizes everything and works, Alleluvia

cyber1000
Level 8
Also wonder why is this a windows app...with no proper uninstall, no language options instead based on system language (who the heck decided that at microsoft??)

cyber1000 wrote:
Also wonder why is this a windows app...with no proper uninstall, no language options instead based on system language (who the heck decided that at microsoft??)

not entire correct. Is more a little of both. I have a friend that use English OS, But his Chrome was on Spanish. as he install the app cause the aio, the app download in spanish. odd. but it happens

I have to check the Dev on that area. since i will check some translation changes
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Rewerend
Level 9
You can find some useful things from convert to MS app instead of providing from developer.

1) You can use automatic updates (through MS store) most users have problems to searching to updated SW and there are poblems during updates (even there but easy to find and do it)
2) only one place where you can grab SW, no need to googling or even download some scum from websites
3) many companies trying to convert to MS app (example Netflix app is high better than using web )

Unfortunatelly there are still bugs and SW is not working properly for everybody, but keep on mind that Asus still have that SW in beta stage , I am not trying to defend Asus but good to know . Future can bring us working app, I hope so.

Bad decision from Asus is to use primary Armoury Crate in many manuals, but you can still get Asus AURA which is more optimized, but you cannot control Asus Gladius (with update bug) right now, latest Asus Armoury stopped compatibility, so again you can use older version...

Let´s wait if they fix it - hope It won´t decade 😄 See you

Rewerend wrote:
You can find some useful things from convert to MS app instead of providing from developer.

1) You can use automatic updates (through MS store) most users have problems to searching to updated SW and there are poblems during updates (even there but easy to find and do it)
2) only one place where you can grab SW, no need to googling or even download some scum from websites
3) many companies trying to convert to MS app (example Netflix app is high better than using web )

Unfortunatelly there are still bugs and SW is not working properly for everybody, but keep on mind that Asus still have that SW in beta stage , I am not trying to defend Asus but good to know . Future can bring us working app, I hope so.

Bad decision from Asus is to use primary Armoury Crate in many manuals, but you can still get Asus AURA which is more optimized, but you cannot control Asus Gladius (with update bug) right now, latest Asus Armoury stopped compatibility, so again you can use older version...

Let´s wait if they fix it - hope It won´t decade 😄 See you

1. the only app that is sync with MS store is the ArmoryCrate itself. the add on on the crate are push by over the air base on the information you pc has on a file in the app core itself. is deep on the app. but is there. part of the core the app fill spaces and create a XML file that is added to the rom. that same data (numbers) are crosscheck with the server since is a html base and download the app. Now that is where windows updates stop the updates and that as to be fix. since every time a update is push there are changes also on security. it is worst on when secure boot is activated on the bios, i recommend disable that even that the firewall checks in.

2. agree. eventually the armory crate will be expanded to other boards. 3 days ago start appearing on the Code X. since my friend gets the 360 aio and on install board was there with ARGB control. is not perfect but works. these takes time since there are a lot of code and I am not on that are. I am just taking notes and making reports on your post and send these so they can take notes. There are 4 of us making these since we help to improve and was a good idea.

3. i like the website better.

in 2 weeks the 1909 will push in finger cross and see that MS brake. There are some fix to be done and they are working on that. I am waiting also. i test all modules and have friends with different board z390. I am trying to get more gear but is slow. i start these a year ago and i am learning on my age some new stuff and seeing these i have no idea what huge work they put. I have to start testing the new creator soon i am trying to get some RGB memory by November le me see if i can get some
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Hello,

is the bug with 180° freeze fixed?

Thx

Grischkow wrote:
Hello,

is the bug with 180° freeze fixed?

Thx

No idea. I afraid to check. Worst case scenario a complete shutdown and remove power sata and usb fix it
Learn, Play Enjoy!