cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate not displaying motherboard as a device.

Spook_
Level 7
Armory crate will only display my motherboard as a device for a little bit before it no longer shows it and shows nothing on the update page as well. I've tried uninstalling with revo uninstaller then reinstalling to no avail. Is there a solution to this or am I just sol because of Asus's awful software?
4 REPLIES 4

svance76
Level 7
Your not the only one. Armoury Crate will not list my motherboard ( Asus Maximus XI) at all and now says its not supported. I can not change the light color, they are stuck on white and I have to delete Armoury Crate once or twice a week to to get what devices it lists back, like my Ryou AIO cooler that tells me my temp of the CPU, GPU, ect. It will not list my GPU at all and never has and its a Asus RTX Strix 2070. I have to go find the lighting program for the GPU just to independently run the lights on the card. I cant even go back to the old software like live dash for the ryou or aura 1.07.78 to have some control cause the programs won't even start. I dont know what to do anymore except not buy asus hardware and start buying other brands like MSI where mystic lighting program actually works.

svance76 wrote:
Your not the only one. Armoury Crate will not list my motherboard ( Asus Maximus XI) at all and now says its not supported. I can not change the light color, they are stuck on white and I have to delete Armoury Crate once or twice a week to to get what devices it lists back, like my Ryou AIO cooler that tells me my temp of the CPU, GPU, ect. It will not list my GPU at all and never has and its a Asus RTX Strix 2070. I have to go find the lighting program for the GPU just to independently run the lights on the card. I cant even go back to the old software like live dash for the ryou or aura 1.07.78 to have some control cause the programs won't even start. I dont know what to do anymore except not buy asus hardware and start buying other brands like MSI where mystic lighting program actually works.

Unfortunate that the only solution is to just ignore the problem. Is there any alternatives to aura that might actually work? For the future do are there any brands that have a reputation for actually working?

techbird
Level 8
Spook_ wrote:
Armory crate will only display my motherboard as a device for a little bit before it no longer shows it and shows nothing on the update page as well. I've tried uninstalling with revo uninstaller then reinstalling to no avail. Is there a solution to this or am I just sol because of Asus's awful software?

Same issue however, rather than uninstalling and then re-installing I discovered that if I completely power down system including the mains power It starts to work again for a few days before having to power down again. It is a crappy thing to have to do every few days when I normally would leave system on 24/7. It has something to do with the chip on my zenith extreme that controls the aura sync, from what I am told, it needs to be reset every few days.

techbird wrote:
Same issue however, rather than uninstalling and then re-installing I discovered that if I completely power down system including the mains power It starts to work again for a few days before having to power down again. It is a crappy thing to have to do every few days when I normally would leave system on 24/7. It has something to do with the chip on my zenith extreme that controls the aura sync, from what I am told, it needs to be reset every few days.

Mine seems to just work randomly. It'd be nice if there was some kind of pattern but I haven't seen one.