cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armory Crate - No devices at all! [PROGRESS]

Chrizzy
Level 7
So! Not just issues with Asus Aura but now also with Crate that Im forced to use since Rog Armory prompts to use Crate..

Installed Crate - all went fine! Opened up crate and no devices is showing up, Ive got the Gladius II mice and Flare keyboard.
Asus Aura is still installed and works but no lighting control in Crate either.

Im on the Crate v2.5.6.0

When I check for updates inside Crate is just sits with that Loading animation in infinity!

What to do?
How do I wipe every Asus software and only install Crate and get it to work?

Specs:
Win 10 Pro (1903 Build: 18362.418)
Maximus X Hero Z370
Gskill Trident-z rgb
Strix OC 1080Ti
32 REPLIES 32

Chrizzy wrote:
Done like Mapantz have.. Wiped exactly everything including manually deleting win registry entrys!
Installed Armoury and then Crate using the updated installer.. Only thing that works is the Macro thing.
Cant update either - it prompts me to update several stuff but nothing gets updated/installed.

Thanks for these notes I have it all ready.

Please, check in event viewer if a error called FIleOperator.exe is present. For the moment and for what i have digg is a windows issue. I am taking notes and that one like yours was reported 3 days after last windows update. i did manage to fix it, partially and send my findings to the DEV. but is mostly like yours. i did have one diference.... i did not use use cleanners. for the moment is windows issue. do not ask me how or why i just take notes.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Thanks for these notes I have it all ready.

Please, check in event viewer if a error called FIleOperator.exe is present. For the moment and for what i have digg is a windows issue. I am taking notes and that one like yours was reported 3 days after last windows update. i did manage to fix it, partially and send my findings to the DEV. but is mostly like yours. i did have one diference.... i did not use use cleanners. for the moment is windows issue. do not ask me how or why i just take notes.

Thnx for the reply! I saw a comment u wrote in another post regarding FileOperator.exe - havent seen any errors in the event viewer.

If I manually run the .exe I get this cmd prompt appear and dissapear in like 1sec.
Thats also the only time I get errors in the event viewer regarding FileOperator.

Dassh
Level 7
Lol this thread made it easy for me. Selling all Asus products and going over to Gigabyte, goodbye Asus.