cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any version of Aura, instant 5ghz 24/7 on any setting beside breathing or static?

MR_G
Level 8
Does anyone know why any version of Aura causes my cpu to run at max o/c speed of 5ghz as soon as I apply any custom color setting for my G.Skill RGB ram besides breathing, static or rainbow? When I check my processes under task manager the lighting service is always above 10% any setting besides breathing, static or rainbow. When I use breathing/static/rainbow my cpu runs anywhere from 1.7ghz to 3.5ghz. I have tried every version of Aura available and am running the latest 1406 bios.

I would prefer to use the Stary Night setting, but I would like to not run my cpu at max speed all the time.

Specs in signature, thanks!
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
i9 9900k @ 5.1GHz
Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 14-14-14-34-2T (Samsung B-Die)
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC 8GB @ 2055
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Corsair RM850X
Windows 10 Pro x64
10 REPLIES 10

Looks like these same problems have gone back to 2016, so my guess is that they will never be able to fix it. I have even tried the G.Skill RGB program and it is the exact same program as the Aura software, just with their name on it instead of Asus. Looks like I can only use static, breathing or rainbow if I do not want my system running at 5ghz 24/7 😞

panzlock wrote:
Unfortunately that seems to be the case. One thing might get fixed but another issue materializes in its place. The software has grown to incorporate many different manufacturers components so I understand why it may be difficult to resolve all underlying issues, but others feel ASUS had enough time to stabilize the software by this point.

Aside from the issue with the Wraith Spire cooler, AURA also won't allow certain functions to work with my Intel build or my AMD build. For example, the static function turns off the Strix 1070 lights on one PC, and the Spire cooler on the other PC. It just won't work. But it doesn't seem to affect CPU usage on either of my PC's. Extremely inconsistent problems.

Either wait for a software patch that addresses your issue or use stand alone software for each component if available.
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)
i9 9900k @ 5.1GHz
Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 14-14-14-34-2T (Samsung B-Die)
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC 8GB @ 2055
Samsung 970 PRO 512GB
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Corsair RM850X
Windows 10 Pro x64