cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of better Aura software please ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
Instead of a circular selection wheel which can be hard to get the actual colour/shade you want can we get a separate 0-255 RGB colour customization option please ?

53 REPLIES 53

kkoos wrote:
I would also think AI Suite is of top priority, especially the BSOD (NON_PAGED thing) I get with it installed...
But that's an issue for another day....

Please add to the feedback list:
+1 for the 0-255 setting, - very difficult to get that exact color again which I got by randomly clicking on that funny colorwheel thing.
+1 for CPU temperature settings,
CPU color temp setup - based on above please let us choose the color/setup for temp ranges, eg, i like a 50% brightness blue breathing at desktop mode (low temps) and would be nice having red berating in gaming mode (high temps)
CPU usage color setup, as CPU temps, but just for CPU usage %.
Brightness setting -I don't know if that was the idea with the black part of the top of the triangle but black makes my LEDS go white ? having brigness setting would make a nice aesthetic mode.
Integration with corsair link, please take control of my corsair ram module's leds... (AIO too)

On a side note...
Does anybody know about a 3rd party app that can take over AURA LEDS while we wait for the cool new features?
Is there maybe an API / dll that we can use to write our own software?

PS - thanks for working with my RGB strips, as I opened my MB box I noticed that the RGB headers was actually labeled GRB or something like that but when I plugged in the RGB strip all colors worked actually normal. Maybe update the silkscreen on next revision boards?
UPDATE- LOL saw last night my strips is GRB, Ive ordered RGB, received GRB... hence they workingfine, my bad....

Excellent feedback, thanks for this.

Bahz wrote:
Excellent feedback, thanks for this.

Thank you for making the SDK available, I have download it and played around and so far all is good.
Only request so far (or i am missing a link) where can i get hold of a guide/manual on available commands and what they do?
Will post this to SDK forum page too.

kkoos wrote:
Thank you for making the SDK available, I have download it and played around and so far all is good.
Only request so far (or i am missing a link) where can i get hold of a guide/manual on available commands and what they do?
Will post this to SDK forum page too.

I don't believe we have something like this, please do post this up in the SDK sections so our team in charge can let you know if they have something similar they can provide you. Thanks.

There is already a thread opened but maybe it is better to mention it here:
My leds on the Asus Crosshair VI x370 stay off since one day. Before that event everything worked perfect. The day before I installed led strips and choosed the static color. Now the light are even off when the pc is shutdown. (Since then aura crashed also) I already installed aura many times(deinstalled every folder and cleaned registry, rebooted after each step), cleared cmos, removed battery. I can open Aura after many installations but no setting works, even the default button. The LED strips are still ok and are working properly but with Aura all ROG leds on MB + strips are off. I also tried different bios versions but this does not reset the aura chip. i would be very pleased if there would be a possibility to reset aura with UEFI, why is it not possible? I also think that the ROG LEDs are not bricked, because it then should have failed during operation.

Same problem in this community:
*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92092-Possible-Aura-or-motherboard-issue*
I am not alone with this problem, it is *also in other communities.
* Is this failure already known? *

Giga522 wrote:
There is already a thread opened but maybe it is better to mention it here:
My leds on the Asus Crosshair VI x370 stay off since one day. Before that event everything worked perfect. The day before I installed led strips and choosed the static color. Now the light are even off when the pc is shutdown. (Since then aura crashed also) I already installed aura many times(deinstalled every folder and cleaned registry, rebooted after each step), cleared cmos, removed battery. I can open Aura after many installations but no setting works, even the default button. The LED strips are still ok and are working properly but with Aura all ROG leds on MB + strips are off. I also tried different bios versions but this does not reset the aura chip. i would be very pleased if there would be a possibility to reset aura with UEFI, why is it not possible? I also think that the ROG LEDs are not bricked, because it then should have failed during operation.

Same problem in this community:
*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92092-Possible-Aura-or-motherboard-issue*
I am not alone with this problem, it is *also in other communities.
* Is this failure already known? *

Thanks for mentioning this, for this issue please continue this issue discussion in the other thread.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for mentioning this, for this issue please continue this issue discussion in the other thread.

Do you know if devs/testers always test software by clicking all functions , enter values, testing on dif hardware configurations, install update to older verions to test comaptability etc. before relasing?
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

qwertz wrote:
Do you know if devs/testers always test software by clicking all functions , enter values, testing on dif hardware configurations, install update to older verions to test comaptability etc. before relasing?

There are set testing parameters that are performed before a software is ready for release, but the main thing is not the same issues generally occur for everyone due to different system environments. This is why for most software it's best to get the entire community involved in the development process, it's something we want to get going here on the ROG forums.

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for all the additional feedback we really appreciate it.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for all the additional feedback we really appreciate it.

If you are interested in feedback, can you please look at my thread?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91666

Bugsbugme wrote:
If you are interested in feedback, can you please look at my thread?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91666

Already have, thanks 🙂