cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of better Aura software please ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
Instead of a circular selection wheel which can be hard to get the actual colour/shade you want can we get a separate 0-255 RGB colour customization option please ?

53 REPLIES 53

Bahz
Level 12
I already passed back similar feedback for the AURA software and we really appreciate everyone's feedback and interest in the AURA software. This is the most important software for us so we're going to spend a lot of time working with the community to make sure we make it into a very user-friendly software.

Bahz wrote:
I already passed back similar feedback for the AURA software and we really appreciate everyone's feedback and interest in the AURA software. This is the most important software for us so we're going to spend a lot of time working with the community to make sure we make it into a very user-friendly software.

Please prioritize aisuite bugs and other stability problems before improvments on the led lighting.
Also the gui design on aura could be more thought out and simplistic with current feature it supports. Another idea, may be good if possible to implement it so no need for apply button and settings auto trasnfered to board on options changes ,and could add some user savable/loadable present buttons instead of apply button(so far there is not much to save).
More advanced feature could be to add user friendly time based editor for making graph presets of rgb led control , so user can make custom light graphs ,also could swap on/off button with slider for adjustable overall intensity of rgb from off to max(good if dynamic light effects also affected, not only static colors)
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

Bahz wrote:

Asus said here about the AURA software: "This is the most important software for us"

OMG Asus, how could you say this.

Your car is leaking oil, but you give the priority to a polis shine.……………………………………….

Update: finally got Aura to correctly install and open. I had to uninstall the Aura software, uninstall G.Skill, boot into safe mode to delete the Asus folder under Program Files (x86) and then I could reboot and install the software. In the past, the installer was getting stuck at 4% and not responding. I installed version 1.04.29 from the Asus Z270E software page (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/) even though I have the Z270I board.

It now recognizes the motherboard lights, CableMod strips, and Trident Z RGB.

pslate wrote:
Update: finally got Aura to correctly install and open. I had to uninstall the Aura software, uninstall G.Skill, boot into safe mode to delete the Asus folder under Program Files (x86) and then I could reboot and install the software. In the past, the installer was getting stuck at 4% and not responding. I installed version 1.04.29 from the Asus Z270E software page (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/) even though I have the Z270I board.

It now recognizes the motherboard lights, CableMod strips, and Trident Z RGB.

I noticed the GSKill software takes over the Aura software if you install it and when you open the Aura software, you'll see all the GSkill software options just with the Aura logo.

I'd love to see the 0-255 number option along side of the triangle/circle thing. I also want to see a dimming option (I can't find one).

Amsterdam wrote:
Asus said here about the AURA software: "This is the most important software for us"

OMG Asus, how could you say this.

Your car is leaking oil, but you give the priority to a polis shine.……………………………………….

I personally do feel that the AURA software is the most important software for the company moving forward because it hasn't been fully developed yet. The truth is that the AURA software will not get the same level of support as AI Suite 3 and GPU Tweak II which are definitely the top 2 software for the company with teams behind it. All software support in this company don't belong to one team and all are being worked on at the same time.

Bahz wrote:
The truth is that the AURA software will not get the same level of support as AI Suite 3 and GPU Tweak II which are definitely the top 2 software for the company with teams behind it.

Thanks for your reply Bahz. I hope the development teams will release a new (beta) version soon, just like MSI does, when I look to their software and release dates. Software is very important nowadays. Asus Hardware is always nice, but if the software have the same bugs as it had years ago people will choose other products, even when they are brand loyalty for more than 20 years.

Amsterdam wrote:
Thanks for your reply Bahz. I hope the development teams will release a new (beta) version soon, just like MSI does, when I look to their software and release dates. Software is very important nowadays. Asus Hardware is always nice, but if the software have the same bugs as it had years ago people will choose other products, even when they are brand loyalty for more than 20 years.

Yes, I've been discussing this with the PIC for the AURA software and it's pretty much what you've suggested which is to release some beta versions to allow the community to be involved to help bug test and provide feedback on what areas to improve.

Bahz wrote:
Yes, I've been discussing this with the PIC for the AURA software and it's pretty much what you've suggested which is to release some beta versions to allow the community to be involved to help bug test and provide feedback on what areas to improve.

Really glad to hear that... Was really finding it difficult to choose colors from the ring interface.

Bahz wrote:

I would also think AI Suite is of top priority, especially the BSOD (NON_PAGED thing) I get with it installed...
But that's an issue for another day....

Please add to the feedback list:
+1 for the 0-255 setting, - very difficult to get that exact color again which I got by randomly clicking on that funny colorwheel thing.
+1 for CPU temperature settings,
CPU color temp setup - based on above please let us choose the color/setup for temp ranges, eg, i like a 50% brightness blue breathing at desktop mode (low temps) and would be nice having red berating in gaming mode (high temps)
CPU usage color setup, as CPU temps, but just for CPU usage %.
Brightness setting -I don't know if that was the idea with the black part of the top of the triangle but black makes my LEDS go white ? having brigness setting would make a nice aesthetic mode.
Integration with corsair link, please take control of my corsair ram module's leds... (AIO too)

On a side note...
Does anybody know about a 3rd party app that can take over AURA LEDS while we wait for the cool new features?
Is there maybe an API / dll that we can use to write our own software?

PS - thanks for working with my RGB strips, as I opened my MB box I noticed that the RGB headers was actually labeled GRB or something like that but when I plugged in the RGB strip all colors worked actually normal. Maybe update the silkscreen on next revision boards?
UPDATE- LOL saw last night my strips is GRB, Ive ordered RGB, received GRB... hence they workingfine, my bad....