cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambilight effect with Aura Sync?

trihy
Level 9
Hi. I have like 100 addressable leds connected to addressable header on asus motherboard.

Works fine with aura sync or armory crate.

But wonder if there is any software that can recreate ambilight effects based on screen colours.

Or maybe aura sync can add this option?

Will be great to have it since now most motherboards comes with addressable headers for leds stripes.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

dimaraven
Level 7
Hello, I want to buy WS2812b adressable led strip and connect it to Asus Strix x570-f Gaming MB and cant find how to make it work as "ambilight" in games ?

trihy
Level 9
You cant. Aura / Armoury only support a few games that have some ingame effects, but not ambilight. Games like Euro truck 2, mk11 and many others.

If you want to have ambilight effects, you need to try third party software. Not sure wich one, there are many but most are very limited.

Piers
Level 8
Third party software such as Ambibox might work, but most of them (software control for Ambilight clones) are highly optimised for certain SoCs. You're unlikely to find great support, especially since Philips - the trademark and patent owner - has been going after Ambilight clones and software offering that sort of functionality.
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro