cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite fails to start after Windows update KB4056892 (Intel vulnerability patch)

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
It fails to start with "The Sever Threw an Exception" Error box.

The services and AISuite executable appears to be actually running, but the AISuite GUI does not start.

Please fix Asus (should have been on top of this I would think).

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
266 REPLIES 266

TheProf wrote:
Save Mode, Nothing will Help.

Problem seems the same like from user "wunjox"
Just FYI : Safe mode, and Test mode, are two different things.
To run in test mode (the one you want for AI Suite to run), you have to use cmd with "run as admin" option, and execute "bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON" command.
After restart, you get "test mode" text in bottom right corner.
If that didn't show, try using "bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" command before executing "/set testsigning on".

Marcinprv wrote:

BTW
Do you know how to force X79 board to run 8x DDR3-2400?
I have 64GB DDR3-2400 all the same CL10-12-12-31 but can use only 4-sticks of DDR3 together...
16GB + 8GB + 8GB = working but unstable (AIDA64 Memtest = crash)
32GB + 16GB = Windows crashes after a few seconds
32GB installed and another 32GB lies on the desk 😕
That would be more IMC Vcore (VCCSA), and a bit more CPU VTT (VTT may not be necessary). Vcore may also be necessary if you OC it past certain point (since IMC is clocked at Core frequency).
Oh, and how are your Command Rate and tRFC doing ?

For AI Suite II, I downloaded and installed the KB4073290 fix (AMD fix) from Microsoft and and it started working again. 🙂

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4073290

Maybe I’m slightly paranoid

Everyone getting this AI Suite II issue is going to install KB4073290 to fix it.
But installing this KB after KB4056892 installation and on Intel platform (with Z77 chipset for example) is really a good idea ? KB4056892 is deployed to fix Intel vulnerability.
So what about installing another KB as 4073290 after it ? KB4073290 is to fix AMD boot process. I’ve read nowhere else than in this forum we can install it on Intel platform even if it troubleshoots our AI Suite 2 issue.

I’ve installed it and ok all works fine, but is Intel vulnerability still corrected after that ?

jcbb92 wrote:
Maybe I’m slightly paranoid

Everyone getting this AI Suite II issue is going to install KB4073290 to fix it.
But installing this KB after KB4056892 installation and on Intel platform (with Z77 chipset for example) is really a good idea ? KB4056892 is deployed to fix Intel vulnerability.
So what about installing another KB as 4073290 after it ? KB4073290 is to fix AMD boot process. I’ve read nowhere else than in this forum we can install it on Intel platform even if it troubleshoots our AI Suite 2 issue.

I’ve installed it and ok all works fine but is Intel vulnerability still corrected after that?

No this isn't so, many other Intel platform users are applying this patch and finding improvement in their computers I reference the Ten Forum
I applied it to my G752 and found performance to be noticeably better. I have no Game Play or AI suite at all on it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
No this isn't so, many other Intel platform users are applying this patch and finding improvement in their computers I reference the Ten Forum
I applied it to my G752 and found performance to be noticeably better. I have no Game Play or AI suite at all on it.

Most people in this Tenforum get an AMD platform so the KB4073290 is for them. Yes some of them say there no bad impact installing it on an Intel Platform.
But the question is : Does this KB fix the Intel vulnerability ? Are we sure this KB does not remove the fix from the KB4056892 ?

Because if you care about the fix of the Intel Vulnerability so you keep the Windows update process installing KB4056892, or you don't care about that and you don't install it by disabling Windows auto update and there isn't any AI Suite 2 issue anymore.

jcbb92 wrote:
Most people in this Tenforum get an AMD platform so the KB4073290 is for them. Yes some of them say there no bad impact installing it on an Intel Platform.
But the question is : Does this KB fix the Intel vulnerability ? Are we sure this KB does not remove the fix from the KB4056892 ?

Because if you care about the fix of the Intel Vulnerability so you keep the Windows update process installing KB4056892, or you don't care about that and you don't install it by disabling Windows auto update and there isn't any AI Suite 2 issue anymore.
^Guess you missed my earlier post with results 🙂
I installed KB4073290 only (I uninstalled KB4056892 earlier, to have a working AI Suite II).
agent_x007 wrote:
Before :
After :

However, like I said in post earlier, this fix installs only WIndows OS part - you need ucode update for fixes to fully work, and those are unavailable for older platform users.

agent_x007 wrote:
^Guess you missed my earlier post with results 🙂
I installed KB4073290 only (I uninstalled KB4056892 earlier, to have a working AI Suite II).
However, like I said in post earlier, this fix installs only WIndows OS part - you need ucode update for fixes to fully work, and those are unavailable for older platform users.

Hum agent_x007 (James ? :-)). I'm not sure to understand what you mean through these screenshots.
Do you mean KB4073290 is not enough to throw Intel vulnerability away ?

jcbb92 wrote:
Hum agent_x007 (James ? :-)). I'm not sure to understand what you mean through these screenshots.
Do you mean KB4073290 is not enough to throw Intel vulnerability away ?
Sorry, I messed up a bit 😛
Forgot to enable registry value to turn on security patch 🙂

You can use InSpectre program to turn on security patch (it requires a reboot to take effect).

Now my CPU does support PCID, but it isn't activated because INVPCID instruction support is also required for performance mitigation to work 😕 (and only Haswell and later CPUs have that).

Spectre #2 requires a ucode/BIOS update to work.

I had this problem like everyone else but I haven't attempted to get AI Suite back.

I got rid of the error by preventing it from running on startup (it's a scheduled task) because I did not want to uninstall the Ryzen performance tweaks that come with it.

Everything seems fine and I suspect that my fan control is back to being managed by my mobo but I'm wondering about three left over services.

ASUS HM COM Service
ASUS Com Service
AsusFanControlService

They are running and not throwing any errors I can see but I just want to be sure they are not interfering with my motherboard's onboard fan control and if I should be able to stop them without causing some other problem (while leaving AI Suite installed but the app not running).

Thoughts?

agent_x007 wrote:
Just FYI : Safe mode, and Test mode, are two different things.
That would be more IMC Vcore (VCCSA), and a bit more CPU VTT (VTT may not be necessary). Vcore may also be necessary if you OC it past certain point (since IMC is clocked at Core frequency).
Oh, and how are your Command Rate and tRFC doing ?

I managed to run stable 32GB (4x 8GB @ 2400-10-12-12-31 CR1) like on previous 16GB (4x 4GB) Kit.
Also, 32+16GB are stable @ 2133-10-12-12-31 CR2, but I prefer to use only 32GB Kit @ 2400MHz.

If you are using a lot of DIMMs, run AIDA64 -> Motherboard -> SPD and read all (RC, RFC, FAV...) timings from XPM profile, then set it manually in the Bios.
MB: ASUS P9X79 Pro (4801 NVMe Mod)
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz (1.36V)
Cooler: Liquid Freezer II 280
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance Quad-DDR3 2400MHz CL10
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W
GFX: ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 Ti OC @ 3000/12250MHz
SSD: Samsung SSD 990 Pro 4TB
SSD: Samsung 870 QVO 8TB
HDD: Seagate ST18000NM000J-2TS 18TB
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ
Logitech: G900 , G915, G27, Z906, G51, Brio, other...