cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite fails to start after Windows update KB4056892 (Intel vulnerability patch)

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
It fails to start with "The Sever Threw an Exception" Error box.

The services and AISuite executable appears to be actually running, but the AISuite GUI does not start.

Please fix Asus (should have been on top of this I would think).

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
266 REPLIES 266

Hopper64
Level 15
Noticed my fans with the new beta AISuite increased correctly under load, but they did not go back down after the load was finished.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

wootwoots
Level 7
same here AI suite 3 doesnt load anymore ( it appear in the task manager, then disapear ), but at least the AsusFanControlService still work and my fan profile seem to correctly work.... 😕

But, i hope they are really going to do something, because if there is no way to setup fan profiles with AI suite3 anymore, that really s*ck ( yeah there is the bios solution, but i cant properly setup the aux fan in the bios, so.. meh ), and i hope they wont only take care of the lastest ROG MB ><

StandingCow wrote:
Do NOT do what I did and reinstall AI Suite with the windows patch installed.... it caused all but 1 (thank god I still had the 1) USB ports to stop working in windows (they worked in BIOS) until after a few hours of troubleshooting finally uninstalled AI Suite while retracing my steps... this fixed everything.

Almost ended up reinstalling windows.

this happened to me installing AI suite 3 without admin mode, this has nothing to do with the intel security thing patch.
( it happened right after i did a fresh FCU instal ) it fked up like you all USB port, had to change... ( forgot what ) in the bios to have it manage the mouse & keyboard.

I confess since that was a fresh install in right away totaly reinstalled win10, since that install attempt kinda fked up everything and AI cleaner wasnt working.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
get the 3.0.10 beta driver

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

pamir47
Level 7
I'v have uninstalled the KB4056892 update and installed latest Asus AIsuit 3 beta, but still it doesn't shows up.

DroP90
Level 7
Same problem with a B250-PLUS

I use AI Suite 3 to control 2 fans and GPU Tweak so my STRIX can control 2 other fans. Right now although I can't open AI Suite 3, the 2 fans controlled by my CPU temperature are ok, but the 2 fans controlled by my GPU aren't (they don't turn on).

ivo63
Level 7
because windows releases update on the second Tuesday of the month

ivo63 wrote:
because windows releases update on the second Tuesday of the month

But, will they fix the problem with all AI Suite software... That is the importent question. We know from Asus, that Microsoft know about the issue. So, if with the next Windows update, AI Suite 2-3 will start to work corecly, Im ok to wait until next month.
| Asus Sabertooth X79 | Core i7-3930K @4600Mhz | 16GB Teamgroup Vulcan @2400Mhz 11-13-12-20-1 | Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional |
| Radeon R9 Fury X @1100/1000Mhz | Samsung 830 64GB + 840 250GB + F3 500GB | Cougar Vortex HDB x11 | Cougar SX 700W | Cougar Panzer |

LionS7 wrote:
But, will they fix the problem with all AI Suite software... That is the importent question. We know from Asus, that Microsoft know about the issue. So, if with the next Windows update, AI Suite 2-3 will start to work corecly, Im ok to wait until next month.

Not a good idea to wait unless you don't care about fan control and frying your processor.

There is a Beta version of AI Suite3 here, posted by ASUS admin. It worked for me, and got back my fan controls. I'm back down to my normal 32c from 54c from last night. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98800-AI-Suite-3-Beta-Version-3-00-10-user-test-report-thr....

Hudson555x wrote:
Not a good idea to wait unless you don't care about fan control and frying your processor.

There is a Beta version of AI Suite3 here, posted by ASUS admin. It worked for me, and got back my fan controls. I'm back down to my normal 32c from 54c from last night. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?98800-AI-Suite-3-Beta-Version-3-00-10-user-test-report-thr....

Hey Hey Hey Boo boo bubba.

You iz geting pretty posty again ****.

That is a YouTube feature with tags 1.
There nothing you can do in Shotcut for tags.
You might want to check out YouTube Creators 1 for helpful videos on how the platform works.

Iz things slow in Battle****?????

Go boo boo Go.

ROFL.

The issue is related with the Intel's patch, that is true. But it will be resolved, by changing how AI Suit is working by Asus.

They already shared a beta version of AI Suit 3. However many older boards are not supported by AI Suit 3, but uses AI Suit 2, which was not updated but was running fine for years.

I have a P9X79 Pro mainboard, it started to show its age, but however still more powerful than many i5 CPUs still, and I do not have any plans to change it for the next 2 years. Two of the fans 1 CPU, 1 mainboard can be controlled by other applications. CPU fan actually does not need any other application, but setting from the BIOS can solve at least its problem, but for the other fans we need AI Suit 2.

Asus is needed to answer if they have plans to update also AI Suit 2. Better

or

At least they can share a BIOS update for the respective boards, that puts %60 limit for the minimum fan throttle, to a acceptable number like %20. Worse

I am not sure which one is easier. But many old but still powerful mainboard owners need this, if not we would need to buy external fan controllers, and this will taint Asus reputation for us.

I love Asus, I bought Asus mainboards for years, have an Asus laptop, Asus monitor etc. Asus please do not taint this image. Please also update AI Suit 2 or move our boards to AI Suit 3.