cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite Wrong Frequencies

Sparkofd
Level 7
Hi, AISuite is showing the same 4.5 ghz frequency for all cores on my i7 7700k.
Please correct me if i'm wrong but this should not be possible as I haven't done any overclock, and intel turbo boost can't get all 4 cores to turbo speed.
12 REPLIES 12

JustinThyme
Level 13
Why cant all cores go to turbo?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Turbo boost 'overclocks' 1-2 cores when CPU is not running at full load, isn't that the way it works?

panzlock
Level 12
Install HWinfo 64 and use that to monitor your system. It refreshes more frequently than Ai Suite thus allowing a more consistent overview of how your system is operating. I read about and personally observed discrepancies between Ai Suite information and that of other software. But a comprehensive monitoring tool will identify whether Ai is providing inaccurate statistics. If not, then your problem lies elsewhere.

Also, Ai Suite III needs optimization. I regularly experience issues with Fan Xpert which can only be solved through system restart.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

I tested again with HWInfo64.
All cores running at 4.5 ghz with asus multicore enhancement enabled.
All cores running at 4.4 ghz without asus multicore enhancement enabled.
Every other option in bios is stock. Is this ok or what?

panzlock
Level 12
You have Intel SpeedStep turned off?

No I don't but I don't see what SpeedStep has to do with this.
My CPU is supposed to run at 4.2 ghz and 4.5 ghz with turbo boost, which means only 1 core could reach 4.5 ghz, so why are all cores running at 4.5?

Sparkofd wrote:
No I don't but I don't see what SpeedStep has to do with this.
My CPU is supposed to run at 4.2 ghz and 4.5 ghz with turbo boost, which means only 1 core could reach 4.5 ghz, so why are all cores running at 4.5?

I misunderstood what your issue was. Was under the impression your CPU was boosting and maintaining constant 4.5Ghz without your consent, even during idle, failing to down clock.

Do you have XMP enabled? I noticed that when I enable my XMP profile the CPU boosts differently.