cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite or Armoury Crate with X570?

AStaley
Level 7
Slightly confused if I should be using AI Suite or Armoury with my Crosshair VIII Hero. Only interested in controlling the fan speed on the Ryujin Cooler and adjusting the RGB elements for the board/GFX card and case.
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
6 REPLIES 6

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Armory Crate then. BUT! in order to read he oled, complete like fan speed of the fan and aio pump, you have to use all wires independent to the bios. a slipliter to cpu fan and the aio to the aio pump. Now. if you only wnt control of the fans and have all readouts armory crate. The PUMP can be control on bios. since is PWM you can contol that there.

IT worsk fine! and i can see fan speed pump and all fans post you pictures since i want to see that is x570 crate
Learn, Play Enjoy!

AStaley
Level 7
Sorry, not sure what you mean by independent to BIOS. *I have the Ryujin connected to the AIO header on the board and the fans connected to the Ryujin splitter. *RGB is also connected to the RGB headers on the board. *Fans work fine in AI Suite and can be controlled there so presume this is okay with Armoury as well.
AMD 5950X | Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB | ROG Strix 2080Ti | 1+2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME | ROG Thor 850W | Strix Helios Case | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

AStaley wrote:
Sorry, not sure what you mean by independent to BIOS. *I have the Ryujin connected to the AIO header on the board and the fans connected to the Ryujin splitter. *RGB is also connected to the RGB headers on the board. *Fans work fine in AI Suite and can be controlled there so presume this is okay with Armoury as well.

It means
My Ryujin is conected to the aio pump. (4pmw) The fans are conectec to cpu fan using a splitter. So i can check on the oled FAN speed and aio pump speed. Make bios control all. the PUMP is control by bios since i make a curve for it. Works better like. Now the crate, aio pluging can control the fans and mini fan but not the pump.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

AStaley
Level 7
Thanks for the clarification. For now I'll leave mine as it is, Armoury handles it okay. I may switch the fans to the MB header later and let the BIOS control it. Shame you can't control the lights via the BIOS as well, at least for basic affects and do away with the need for additional software.

AStaley wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. For now I'll leave mine as it is, Armoury handles it okay. I may switch the fans to the MB header later and let the BIOS control it. Shame you can't control the lights via the BIOS as well, at least for basic affects and do away with the need for additional software.

yes. IF you conect the pump to the aio pump and the fan to the cpu fan with a splitter you can perfect contol. But the armory crate with the plugin you can control the fans and mini fan. I have not test using the aio pump control with the bios and aio with the armory plugin. a good test to make.

Now with that you will not read, for the moment, the information on the oled.

By today there is a update by windows and new SKD for new functions. No idea what yet. I am waitting

And yes so far is basic but is working. Maybe on the future will have more, like asus laptops do. Imagine control all asus function on a app. 1 app. to control all
Learn, Play Enjoy!

AStaley wrote:

I try to get a board with these and a cpu to continue . But I have users to feed back. You can get me on ROG discord. since is faster to recollect data

Here is not as easy as the US or other places. but I manage
Learn, Play Enjoy!