cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite III causing system crashes.

krisdooman
Level 7
Hi,
I have an X470 F Gaming board with a 2600X.
Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
2 Corsair 120GB SSD and a 1TB Mech drive.
EVGA 1060 and 16GB COrsair Vengence DDr4.

Every time i run AI suite III... after a few minutes i get weird system stops and reboots. Some times the machine just stops. It will continue running but the screen goes black and the board won't power off until i cut power via PSU switch. Other times it just reboots. Dove in to the event logs and i keep seeing these errors shortly before the reboot/system stop. pasted one error below.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

WHen i just turn off AI Suite III... no issues what so ever. The error is very consistent.
Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,
12 REPLIES 12

Retired
Not applicable
dont use that software. its bloat, making computer slow and unstable, pulling unrealistic performance resources from the system
creating unwanted files and folders in places where they are not wanted, leaving "leftovers" after the software is uninstalled
stupid services running without being authorized by the system user, oddly even after the software is uninstalled

long ago this software was better, fan expert and turbo evo was standalone software, and the user could decide what to install, today its a bundled pile of confusion
Installing this software is like opening Pandora box of crap directly onto the c drive and operating system

make the changes in Bios instead (fan settings, overclocking and so on), and use hwinfo software for sensor monitoring when its needed

michaël
Level 7

AI 3 still causes system crashes when you want to configure the fans, I had hoped that this brand with their considerable reputation would make the effort to allow you to configure compatible components in your computer without a system crash. I found a similar glitch with an Asus tech sometime in 2016, but we're now in 2023 and the problem still exists. I understand that it could be due to a specific Win10 update, but still, this should be picked up and resolved in no time.

The following helped in my case.
Before starting the installation, the compatibility of the Setup.exe installation file with Windows 7 was configured in the properties. I hope you do not need to explain how to do this?
Then I ran the installation process as administrator. After installation, I rebooted the operating system and all problems disappeared. everything is working.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 with latest updates.