cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite III causing system crashes.

krisdooman
Level 7
Hi,
I have an X470 F Gaming board with a 2600X.
Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
2 Corsair 120GB SSD and a 1TB Mech drive.
EVGA 1060 and 16GB COrsair Vengence DDr4.

Every time i run AI suite III... after a few minutes i get weird system stops and reboots. Some times the machine just stops. It will continue running but the screen goes black and the board won't power off until i cut power via PSU switch. Other times it just reboots. Dove in to the event logs and i keep seeing these errors shortly before the reboot/system stop. pasted one error below.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

WHen i just turn off AI Suite III... no issues what so ever. The error is very consistent.
Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,
12 REPLIES 12

MrDTS
Level 7
Hi

Is there a solution for this ? I have same problem on my new build computer.

MrDTS

Exact same problem, slightly different hardware:

Mobo: X470-F Gaming (bios 4207)
- CPU: Ryzen 2700X
- Disk: Samsung 970 Pro
- Memory: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB
- Windows 10 1803
Removed AI suite completely, no more crashes for a month now, but I would like to control my fans...

I also have (had) the same issue with my previous system:
- Mobo: Z97-AR
- CPU: I7-4790K
- Disk: Samsung 840 Evo
- Memory: 2x8GB DDR3
- Windows 10 1803
I bought the new system because of regular PC crashes (about daily) and could not find a solution...
I have the system running as VMWare ESXi host with some Linux servers, no IA suite installed anywhere and it's been up ever since. I feel like my new system is suffering from the same bug as my old system, so I basically threw away some money, as the old system was still doing its job very well...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ive made it no secret of my disdain for AI suite, I'll leave it at that.

Do youself a favor and uninstall it, wipe all traces of it with Ccleaner and use the BIOS for OC and fan settings.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I have the same system instability problem with my new ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard. Updated everything: bios, drivers, you name it and still would get system crashes like the OP krisdooman described.

With a lot of troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the fan controls, specifically the fan graph section, both in the AI Suite Fanxpert and Bios Qfan that were causing the problem. To stop the crashes uninstall all Asus software even Aura Sync and reset Bios defaults. Then with a clean start you can reinstall AI Suite, Aura, etc. and things are ok as long as you don't mess with the fan graph section in the software or in Bios Qfan.

I did find a way to get some fan control by navigating to fan settings in Bios and making changes there (NOT the F6 Qfan shortcut). I could set minimum speeds up to 600rpm and select a preset for each of the fans on the system such as quiet, normal, turbo, full without getting any crashes.

My system has been stable for about a month now using AI Suite's system information viewer to monitor temps and the front case fans set to turbo for extra intake. I've overclocked memory to QVL speeds in Bios without issue. Wish I had more fan control but at least my system stopped crashing.

Hope that helps somebody, as I was close to returning hardware until I discovered it was a freakin Asus software problem...

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING motherboard

system just locks up here also will have to watch this fan control may uninstall it all and start from scratch

did a TPU II tweak in Bios and also used TPU in AI III 5 step tune have not had a lock up since but its only been about 8 hours now

I may just do a complete new install if it locks up again and leave Ausu software off well aura I need 🙂

thanks for the info guys

Any further figured out on this subject? Have a new build almost identical to OP running on a X470-F with current BIOS and have been consistently getting the black screen that will not respond until power switch is flipped on PSU. I still have the stock trash AMD cooler on my CPU and initially kind of assumed it was crashing from the light OC and I has reset everything to factory settings aside from XMP ram to boost to 3k and that seemed to help at first but still getting random crashes that are not BDODs or reboots but the black screens still. Will pull some logs to confirm its same issue and looks like I might dump suite 3.

Majority of my fans are case controlled currently anyways so if I can set CPU and case fans in bios with no issues then I'll have to use another fan controller interface, rather disappointing if that's a case but even more annoying to have a new build thats super fast and can't even use it bc of all the crashes!

Veovis
Level 10
Ive used AI suite in the past and noticed it "crashes" after a major windows update (1803 to 1809) the trick I do is uninstall the version I have and get the latest version from the latest supported motherboard.

Darrenuk
Level 7
krisdooman wrote:
Hi,
I have an X470 F Gaming board with a 2600X.
Samsung 960 Evo (boot drive)
2 Corsair 120GB SSD and a 1TB Mech drive.
EVGA 1060 and 16GB COrsair Vengence DDr4.

Every time i run AI suite III... after a few minutes i get weird system stops and reboots. Some times the machine just stops. It will continue running but the screen goes black and the board won't power off until i cut power via PSU switch. Other times it just reboots. Dove in to the event logs and i keep seeing these errors shortly before the reboot/system stop. pasted one error below.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

WHen i just turn off AI Suite III... no issues what so ever. The error is very consistent.
Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks,

I am having the same trouble on my Asus X470 Prime Pro 2700x & 1700 cpus, i tried 2 motherbaords, Asus ROG B450-I Motherboard , Tried 3 PSUs ,Memory kits , Random No signal on monitor & PC Frozen up no error messages & Case power button Don't work even holding it down, only way is to switch off of PSU or wall, even not going into the AI suite it can do the same just browing the web , No OC all at stock tried latest "AI_SuiteIII 2019-04-09" Also tried the older version suite all the same, once uninstalled the AI suite all is fine. tred clean Windows 10 pro install build versions 1803 & now 1809, its the AI SUITE thats at fault ,Seems to be happening on the Ryzen Platform , My old Intel 7600K ON Asus Rog S Z170 itx is all fine with the AI Suite maybe its due to a old version of the suite

i experienced it after my ram upgrade with tforce delta 3200mhz. im really confused about this problem that's why i am forced to uninstall ai suite 3 on my system...