cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI_Suite_III_3.00.13_DIP5_1.05.14

Cruachan
Level 7
Hi,

I recently installed the above (DIP5_1.05.14) as I wish to establish an overclock.

However, when booting into Windows 7 64bit I see the following messages:

Debug assertion failed!

Program: ...ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DIPDLL\UsbPowerManager.dll
File: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\vector
Line: 1234

Expression: vector subscript out of range

Select: Ignore ->

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DIPDLL\UsbPowerManager.dll
File: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 14.0\vc\include\vector
Line: 1235

Expression: "Standard C++ Libraries Out of Range" &&0

Select: Retry ->

DipAwayMode.exe has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
etc.

Select: Close the program ->

DipAwayMode.exe has stopped working

Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
etc.

Select: Close the program ->

Program Closes

It is possible to disable ASUS DipAwayMode in the Task Scheduler, but then I lose the ability to overclock using the DIP5 utility.

Is there a better solution?

Can I simply chose to Ignore these messages, overclock using DIP5 and THEN disable ASUS DipAwayMode in the Task Scheduler to get rid of these messages at system startup?

Thank you.
Regards,
Mike
7 REPLIES 7

Cruachan
Level 7
Well, well, 172 views and not one response! Can’t say I’m surprised as this is not the first time ASUS have proved to be a big let down. This topic has come up in the past and, as far as I have been able to determine, there has been no helpful input from ASUS. I suspect those tasked with monitoring the forum and responding to requests for help have a somewhat limited knowledge of the workings of their software and, instead, rely on user input to provide solutions. The absence of user responses also implies this issue has not yet been resolved, at least not under Windows 7 and, as I discovered, there lies the secret.

I have a dual Boot setup: Windows 7 Pro 64bit and Windows 10 Pro 64bit

This issue does not occur under Windows 10 (Version 1803) and, fortunately, the same software installs under both operating systems.

So, first I established the overclock using DIP5 in Windows 10 and confirmed the overclock was mirrored and stable in Windows 7.

Then, in Windows 7 I disabled ASUS DipAwayMode in Task Scheduler as it is not needed.

Problem solved!

I appreciate that this method will only help a few but, in the absence of any helpful input from ASUS, it is worth considering if you have not yet moved to Windows 10 and would like to experience what the latest operating system has to offer before making the decision to ‘upgrade’.

I installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a 2TB M.2 SSD Drive and maintained the same drive letter references for all my drives under both operating systems. Win7 sees Win10 as Drive T and Win10 sees Win7 as Drive S. This allows Drives D, E, F(CD/DVD/BD), G(external backup) and H to remain undisturbed. This ensures existing STEAM installations will run under both operating systems without the need to reinstall them under Windows 10. STEAM installations are on Drives D, E and H and I have just installed Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey on the Windows 10 M.2 drive. This setup seems to be working very successfully!

Hope this helps a few of you.

Mike

Abaidor
Level 9
If I have to guess the main reason for no replies by users is because the community has lost interest in AI Suite since it is mostly not working properly and Asus does not fix it. I have a Rampage VI Extreme and Fan Expert (the only thing I did care for) never worked properly. Thank god their BIOS is solid and tuned my fans through Q-Fan although the ease of use through windows would be great.

Additionally, overclocking through software in windows is not a practice that is followed in general and it is safer to do it through BIOS. In any case, if it is working for you then have fun.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Abaidor wrote:
If I have to guess the main reason for no replies by users is because the community has lost interest in AI Suite since it is mostly not working properly and Asus does not fix it. I have a Rampage VI Extreme and Fan Expert (the only thing I did care for) never worked properly. Thank god their BIOS is solid and tuned my fans through Q-Fan although the ease of use through windows would be great.

Additionally, overclocking through software in windows is not a practice that is followed in general and it is safer to do it through BIOS. In any case, if it is working for you then have fun.

Amen to most of that!

In fact running DIP5 to establish a safe optimised overclock does work very well and is relatively quick to completion. Much less hassle than trying to achieve the same manually. My i7-5960X is dynamically overclocked to 4.7 (4 Cores at 4.7 and 4 at 4.6) from 3.0 GHz stock. Vcore never rises above 1.308, mostly hovers around 1.275 dropping to sub 1v when idling. I overclocked using this method about 2years ago and the system has proved to be very stable until my CMOS battery pegged out recently. The overclock was lost as the BIOS reset itself (Rampage V Extreme) when I cold booted the system. When I measured the voltage on the battery it was 0.05!! It’s a miracle I didn’t encounter any other problems! This time I’ve saved the overclock Profile.

My cpu is water cooled and when driven hard (Flight Simulation - Prepar3D/FSW/AFS2/XP11) for extended periods core temps rarely rise above 60C. My ASUS GTX 1080Ti peaks out at 70C.

I prefer to control my case fans manually so have no need for 3rd Party interventions.

Mike

Abaidor
Level 9
I have not tried DIP5 to be honest so I have not first hand experience since I always followed the "common practice" perhaps out of lack of interest to explore a new option while another is working. Hassle wise, I am certain that doing it through windows is a loot better. For example, I spent almost two days tuning core-by-core and rebooting and testing and so on for my i9-7940X (on custom water + monoblock) but if you want to extract the most performance at the lowest possible voltages / temps it is worth it.

I might try playing with DIP5 in an upcoming gaming build on Z390 though.

Regarding the fan management, you can certainly do it manually but I have 2X D5 pumps + 19 fans (18 X PWM) and various temp sensors tied to them so doing it by hand is not going to work for me. I would need to adjust frequently and I want total silence most of the time. The fans on the RAD run @ 600rpm most of the time ( 9X ML140 Pros on MO-RA3 Pro external radiator) and only if water temp rises do they spin up - which never happens to be honest since the rad is placed at the coldest spot in the room.
Asus Rampage VI Extreme | i9-7940X | 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 | Asus Strix 1080Ti OC | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB | WD Gold 10TB | WD Red 4TB X 2 | PSU Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Loop - RAD MO-RA3 420 Pro | EK Monoblock | Phanteks GPU Block | Heatkiller 200 Tube RES | EK Dual D5 Revo Pumps | 9 X Corsair ML 140 Pro Fans on RAD | | Bitspower Fittings Black Chrome | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Modded Case | Silent WIngs 3 120mm Intake |

Cruachan
Level 7
Abaidor wrote:
I have not tried DIP5 to be honest so I have not first hand experience since I always followed the "common practice" perhaps out of lack of interest to explore a new option while another is working. Hassle wise, I am certain that doing it through windows is a loot better. For example, I spent almost two days tuning core-by-core and rebooting and testing and so on for my i9-7940X (on custom water + monoblock) but if you want to extract the most performance at the lowest possible voltages / temps it is worth it.

I might try playing with DIP5 in an upcoming gaming build on Z390 though.

Regarding the fan management, you can certainly do it manually but I have 2X D5 pumps + 19 fans (18 X PWM) and various temp sensors tied to them so doing it by hand is not going to work for me. I would need to adjust frequently and I want total silence most of the time. The fans on the RAD run @ 600rpm most of the time ( 9X ML140 Pros on MO-RA3 Pro external radiator) and only if water temp rises do they spin up - which never happens to be honest since the rad is placed at the coldest spot in the room.

I’m afraid my experience with overclocking is somewhat limited. Prepar3D, while able to utilise all available Cores, primarily relies on a single main thread so it’s important that this thread is running as fast as is reasonably possible without needlessly curtailing the life of the CPU. DIP5 activates the memory XMP Profile and stress tests individual/all cores while increasing their clock frequency incrementally until the point is reached when the system crashes. It then backs off the frequency to the previous successful overclock. As I said, it works very well as evidenced by stable performance in everything I run. I have never needed to stress test formally. If it’s going to fail then it will fail at some point. Why risk the integrity of the chip by hammering it needlessly? Voltage degradation is a very real possibility and my 5960X, while still a great performer, certainly wasn’t cheap when purchased >3 years ago!

Happily my case temp sensors always stay within the 20-30C range making it unnecessary to fiddle with the case fan (3) speed controls on the front panel. They sit at around 750, 750, 1110 rpm respectively. I employ a pair of Noctua NF-A14 fans to replace those on the Corsair H110i GT 280mm, which effectively renders them silent for most of the time. The stock fans are dreadful in that respect!

I would encourage you to try overclocking by using the DIP 5 utility. I don’t think it will disappoint.
Here’s a video explaining its use: https://youtu.be/x5e68jLErCw

Regards,
Mike

TheInfidel
Level 7
Cruachan wrote:
Hi,

I recently installed the above (DIP5_1.05.14) as I wish to establish an overclock.

However, when booting into Windows 7 64bit I see the following messages:

Debug assertion failed!

Regards,
Mike

Maybe installing a newer version of DIP solve your problem? Yours might be incompatible with windows SPECTRE / MELTDOWN fixes that came out in january. My version is 5 105.19 and has been out forever. That said...i really think AI Suite 3 is bunch of hot garbage. Unfortunatly i need to use it because constantly entering the bios to turn OC on or off whenever i want to use it isnt really an option. Also it tends to go south randomly when trying to change profiles it simply will hang and show its progress bar spinning eternally. And the fan control is so abysmal it doesnt even detect fans properly, which also could a bios issue of which i run the newest always.

katlani
Level 9
Anyone tried/aware the below/if its a beta?

Version 3.00.28
2018/10/31 148.76 MBytes
Ai suite3-3.00.28&DIP5-1.06.52

No changelog, no nothing..