cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite causes blue screen in Win10 after login

doubledragoncc
Level 7
Hi

I have a new Maximus XI Code and if I install AI Suite I often get a Blue Screen with the IOMaps64.sys (AI suite file) error.

If I uninstall AI suite, no blue screen.

Please help I cant use AI suite and the software installed with it

DD
45 REPLIES 45

Hmmm, I've been getting this BSOD (Page fault IOMAP64.sys) too specially when I open my PC from a cold boot. I also noticed AI Suite screws up fan profiles, what I always do was select my profile again. Anyway, I can still use the fan setting on bios without AI Suite right?

madmeatballs wrote:
Hmmm, I've been getting this BSOD (Page fault IOMAP64.sys) too specially when I open my PC from a cold boot. I also noticed AI Suite screws up fan profiles, what I always do was select my profile again. Anyway, I can still use the fan setting on bios without AI Suite right?

Yes, you can. The only thing you cant get full control over via BIOS is the AURA lighting options. I think ASUS should allow full customisation of the lighting via BIOS and then we wouldnt need any of there software. 😉

KingDazza wrote:
Yes, you can. The only thing you cant get full control over via BIOS is the AURA lighting options. I think ASUS should allow full customisation of the lighting via BIOS and then we wouldnt need any of there software. 😉

Well, I just went ahead and removed IOMAP64.sys from sys32 lol. It doesn't give me BSOD on cold boot now! What does IOMAP64.sys do anyway(im guessing it means input output map? LOL)?

I wonder if asus is trying to fix this issue even. I may have to rerun my stress tests now, since I originally thought my ram was faulty.

madmeatballs wrote:

You can actually choose what to install with the AI suite and install only the fan expert.

AI SUITE lessons
1) Never use the 5 point optimization, you dont get much of an OC and 100% of the time it sets Vcore too high as in WAY TOO HIGH!! There is a 50% chance that it will lock slap up on you when it reboots causing a PITA to recover. First time I tried it my BCLCK was some absurd number like 999 and took half an hour just to get into the BIOS with safe boot.
2) If you manage to get it running without the BSODs, yes for some hardware it doesn't cause this, never use the OC tools period. I had it running on my M8E for a month and the auto method failed 100% of the time and I was doing OK with the manual settings and had saved profiles etc thinking, cool, this actually works. Then one day I was running a mid level OC, nothing drastic and simply loaded the profile I had saved for default values and the machine locked slam up and wouldn't post after with a code 10. M8E has alternate BIOS so switched to that to recover. Never again. Used the Fan expert but found it unreliable. Profiles often just disappeared.
3) if you do install and have problems it doesn't just uninstall, it leaves orphans all over the place. First uninstall the usual way, then find the install folder that is still there when it should not be and delete it, then use Ccleaner to clean up the orphaned registry entries.

Great Idea, just doesn't work and when it fails it cause massive issues. Seems to me that the problem with it is when it tries to interface with the BIOS from the OS and screws the pooch on that one.

Yeah xtu has also proven to be problematic regardless of the source. My advice? Stick to the old fashioned and proven method of making tweaks in the BIOS and skip any app that professes to do this while running the OS, seems this has not been perfected by anyone and contrary to the belief of some there is no such thing as a crash free BIOS. Ill buy into Crash resistant or enhanced but after having a $500+ board do a hard brick with two BIOS roms over BIOS 3007 not a month ago I call BS on crash free!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Yea, all overclocking is done on bios. I never trusted those software based oc tools. I'm about ccleaner though, can I choose which to delete? It might delete other things I need.

I wonder if Asus is working on this issue though, it looks like it has been affecting people for a long time already.

Update:

Removing IOMap64.sys disables my GPU fan. Raja mentioned in another forum that IOMap64.sys handles GPU oc/Fan so, you might want to check your GPU out if you remove IOMap64.sys

I was getting this on a new build with the IX Hero. It started after I changed some GPU, and Fan settings in the BIOS. After resetting the BIOS and not changing anything to do with the GPU and Fan I haven't had it since.

Legolas
Level 9
Are you guys sure? I do not get a BSOD with AI Suite 3. I think it is one of the other applications. After I install the CD, I had a BSOD. I will recommend you guys to uninstall applications one at a time until it boot to OS okay.
I had to do system reset to get it to work again.
Sincerely,
Legolas

Same problem here.
If i keep installed AI Suite 3 (Mobo Asus Z270F Gaming) every reboot i'll take a Bsod caused from IOMap64.Sys
Removing AI Suite and this file from drivers under c:\Windows\System32 all works fine.
Any tips?

Duncandg wrote:
Same problem here.
If i keep installed AI Suite 3 (Mobo Asus Z270F Gaming) every reboot i'll take a Bsod caused from IOMap64.Sys
Removing AI Suite and this file from drivers under c:\Windows\System32 all works fine.
Any tips?

If you use AI Suite, and a second program with a Fan control feature (ye, even when you don't use the Fan control feature) it can gives the BSOD IOMap64.sys.

So, if you run also CAM (camwebapp.com) or the Corsair Link software, just delete it if you wanna use AI Suite.

Amsterdam wrote:
If you use AI Suite, and a second program with a Fan control feature (ye, even when you don't use the Fan control feature) it can gives the BSOD IOMap64.sys.

So, if you run also CAM (camwebapp.com) or the Corsair Link software, just delete it if you wanna use AI Suite.

MSI Afterburner can give problem with AI Suite ?