cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite causes blue screen in Win10 after login

doubledragoncc
Level 7
Hi

I have a new Maximus XI Code and if I install AI Suite I often get a Blue Screen with the IOMaps64.sys (AI suite file) error.

If I uninstall AI suite, no blue screen.

Please help I cant use AI suite and the software installed with it

DD
45 REPLIES 45

Amsterdam wrote:
I have the same experience as you have. Without any reason fan profiles were deleted or changed to default. In my case this was happened when I changed some bios settings, or just connected LED’s on the RGB header. Or it just happen… without any reason.
When this problem occurs you can’t change a (new) profile again before you do the Fan Tuning, which is very annoying.
Unfortunately there is no real solution, but for myself I made a workaround: Here some steps:

1. Goto the Fan Xpert folder: C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert
2. Backup the file FanCalibrationData.xml to a save place
3. Now close the AI application

Open the file FanCalibrationData.xml with notepad and change it manually (you can do it for every fan. (Take a look at my profile):

4. Yes, by default my fans are not spinning at al because my idle temp is 25C. Change this value to 25-30 if you like. Save (overwrite) the file (be sure you have administrator rights), and also backup it for later use when you have problems again!
5. Reboot
6. After reboot go to the AI Suite and make a new fan profile.
7. Now go to C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles and backup your profile!
Everything runs OK now, but when you have problems again just simply put your FanCalibrationData.xml and profile just back into the folders and you’re done.

Thanks. I'll modify the .xml. Meanwhile I will try to isolate the issue and determine whether a particular/specific action causes Ai to revert (such as changes in BIOS profile, as you mentioned) or if it is just programmed to randomly restore its defaults. Fans are important to cooling and Ai resetting values causing temps to rise is something ASUS needs to be aware of and rectify.

I know I can set up a custom fan curve in BIOS but I like working with Ai Suite 3. It's a nice looking software with various other functions and it would be nice knowing fan expert behaved reliably.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

i have the same problem, just built a new rig with a maximus ix hero & 7700k.. ended up reformatting the C drive 3 times before I realized it was the AI suite causing the BSOD's. At first I thought it was because i used the Auto OC function, but after another reformat & clearing CMOS, I installed AI and just used the fan xpert, still got BSOD at logins, id say 1 out of every 3 startups.
Never using asus software again besides Aura. Pity because the Fanxpert is great, but not worth an unstable system. When buying a +$200 mobo ASUS should include software that actually works. They should also include more than 1 USB 2 header on the motherboard, but thats another issue lol

Badmotorf1nger wrote:
i have the same problem, just built a new rig with a maximus ix hero & 7700k.. ended up reformatting the C drive 3 times before I realized it was the AI suite causing the BSOD's. At first I thought it was because i used the Auto OC function, but after another reformat & clearing CMOS, I installed AI and just used the fan xpert, still got BSOD at logins, id say 1 out of every 3 startups.
Never using asus software again besides Aura. Pity because the Fanxpert is great, but not worth an unstable system. When buying a +$200 mobo ASUS should include software that actually works. They should also include more than 1 USB 2 header on the motherboard, but thats another issue lol

I fully agree about the software and USB header. About the USB header; maybe this is a solution:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9Pin-USB-Header-Male-1-to-4-Female-Extension-Splitter-Cable-9p-Port-Multipli...

Yep, I very quickly was concerned with AI suite after I looked at how many services run even when the software is not in use. I also then started getting occasional log in/startup issues. Uninstalling the software was also problematic as it leaves behind many services and traces of itself. Thoroughly unimpressed and tbh very surprised with such a reputable brand.

However once all software fully removed the Maximus Formula is great. Only niggle would be the lack of multiple usb headers as mentioned above. So happy overall, but just wished I'd never touched the poor software - lesson learnt with ASUS: stick to drivers only.

I have put another post in this section regarding the same issue,

Mine BSOD happened after a few days of running great. I reinstalled windows and reinstalled drivers and had same issue. Second time I reinstalled windows and downloaded new drivers off ROG website and so far everything is ok. Time will tell if its fixed so lets see.

Hope that helps 🙂

Just to add to this post, I downloaded the latest drivers for everything on board including audio etc. (basically everything that comes on cd but latest version)

Cheers

Tried the same. Clean installed windows 10 and newest drivers from asus and newest mei driver . But same issue. Bsod after login. If I remove DIP 5 from the AI Suite no BSod's. That's very sad cause I want to use it.

RNeon wrote:
Tried the same. Clean installed windows 10 and newest drivers from asus and newest mei driver . But same issue. Bsod after login. If I remove DIP 5 from the AI Suite no BSod's. That's very sad cause I want to use it.

that's a shame, makes me wonder if mine is really sorted or if it will return in the near future. I hope you get it sorted buddy 🙂

Viper460 wrote:
I have put another post in this section regarding the same issue,

Mine BSOD happened after a few days of running great. I reinstalled windows and reinstalled drivers and had same issue. Second time I reinstalled windows and downloaded new drivers off ROG website and so far everything is ok. Time will tell if its fixed so lets see.

Hope that helps 🙂

Just to add to this post, I downloaded the latest drivers for everything on board including audio etc. (basically everything that comes on cd but latest version)

Cheers

Interestingly enough this is just what I said would fix this problem although it seems strange that this appears to work for some with Z270 and not for others. Hopefully others will follow your example Viper.

chevell65 wrote:
All boards have issues but most problems are easily fixed by following directions to update drivers.

chevell65 wrote:
Interestingly enough this is just what I said would fix this problem although it seems strange that this appears to work for some with Z270 and not for others. Hopefully others will follow your example Viper.

yes it is strange, hopefully it doesn't come back!

Brighttail
Level 11
I have had this similar blue screen error and read that you can go and actually delete that file with no issue.

What I did was go into the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\and renamed the file to IOMAP64.sysOLD

I haven't had any issues with blue screening. I'm not thinking that the file was recreated but it wasn't being used for what my machine needed.

If suddenly there is issues with the AI suite you can always rename it back to the original.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop