cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite causes blue screen in Win10 after login

doubledragoncc
Level 7
Hi

I have a new Maximus XI Code and if I install AI Suite I often get a Blue Screen with the IOMaps64.sys (AI suite file) error.

If I uninstall AI suite, no blue screen.

Please help I cant use AI suite and the software installed with it

DD
45 REPLIES 45

Chino
Level 15

Naturally, all the latest drivers etc from ASUS website and even OverclockersUK could not help me. First board the ROG RGB did not work and blue screened more, this new board nly blue screened twice and I uninstalled AI suite again. Also it seems to have corupted my login as I can no longer use my Microsoft account, not sure if it is from this problem though and yes I have done a fresh Win10 repair install and waiting for MS to get back to me too.

doubledragoncc wrote:
and yes I have done a fresh Win10 repair install and waiting for MS to get back to me too.

Is this a fresh installation? Since you added the repair word in there, it kinda throws me off.

Also please list your complete system specifications for me. Other than the drivers what other programs have you installed?

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is a well known issue and the same file is tied to multiple ASUS software packages. Dont get it but have experienced it with more than one title, AI suite included.
Personally I gave up after the last time of almost not being able to recover from it.
Page fault in non-paged area, sound familiar? Search that along with the file you listed and watch google light up like wildfire with thousands of hits.
If you leave it go it eventually gives you that error and corrupted ntoskrnl which really blows.
Its a shame as some of the software is useful but nothing that causes BSOD repeatedly is worth leaving on a machine.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I really don't understand why people here ask if you have installed the latest version? The BSOD caused by the IOMap64.sys happens in all versions, for years and years..............................

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10227-IOMAP64-sys-Blue-Screen-(BSOD)

:cool:

JustinThyme wrote:
This is a well known issue and the same file is tied to multiple ASUS software packages. Dont get it but have experienced it with more than one title, AI suite included.
Personally I gave up after the last time of almost not being able to recover from it.
Page fault in non-paged area, sound familiar? Search that along with the file you listed and watch google light up like wildfire with thousands of hits.
If you leave it go it eventually gives you that error and corrupted ntoskrnl which really blows.
Its a shame as some of the software is useful but nothing that causes BSOD repeatedly is worth leaving on a machine.

Wow, I just wasted half a day on this or more. AS I was also having RAM issues but it turns out the Page faults on login were 100% AI Suite. (Formula IX board)
Since removing the AI Suite and ASUS Intel XTU (used non asus one now) , not a single page fault.

Unbelievable ASUS would ship something like this with a $500 (CAD) board.

panzlock
Level 12
My problem is not as drastic since I'm not experiencing BSOD's. But recently, my Ai Suite 3 has been screwing with my fan profiles. Once installed initially I set it to standard, established a satisfactory fan profile and every time the PC booted this profile would load automatically as the standard Ai fan profile. But after about a week or so the profile is reset to the defaults with which the suite was originally installed. I saved 2 custom fan profiles which I loaded each time this happened but noticed that when a custom profile is loaded my case fans do not adhere to the established fan curve, usually below the PCH temp threshold to which they are linked, and spool up inconsistently to very high RPM's.

Anyone experience similar issues with their suite?

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of Ai should the question come up.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

I just upgraded from a z87 Asus mobo to a Maximus Hero IX and am getting the same blue screens on boot. It sometimes takes 2 or 3 boots to get windows stable. It's very frustrating and I was starting to think it was my overclock. Good to know it is AI Suite 3.

panzlock wrote:
My problem is not as drastic since I'm not experiencing BSOD's. But recently, my Ai Suite 3 has been screwing with my fan profiles. Once installed initially I set it to standard, established a satisfactory fan profile and every time the PC booted this profile would load automatically as the standard Ai fan profile. But after about a week or so the profile is reset to the defaults with which the suite was originally installed. I saved 2 custom fan profiles which I loaded each time this happened but noticed that when a custom profile is loaded my case fans do not adhere to the established fan curve, usually below the PCH temp threshold to which they are linked, and spool up inconsistently to very high RPM's.

Anyone experience similar issues with their suite?

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of Ai should the question come up.

I have the same experience as you have. Without any reason fan profiles were deleted or changed to default. In my case this was happened when I changed some bios settings, or just connected LED’s on the RGB header. Or it just happen… without any reason.
When this problem occurs you can’t change a (new) profile again before you do the Fan Tuning, which is very annoying.
Unfortunately there is no real solution, but for myself I made a workaround: Here some steps:

1. Goto the Fan Xpert folder: C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert
2. Backup the file FanCalibrationData.xml to a save place
3. Now close the AI application

Open the file FanCalibrationData.xml with notepad and change it manually (you can do it for every fan. (Take a look at my profile):

4. Yes, by default my fans are not spinning at al because my idle temp is 25C. Change this value to 25-30 if you like. Save (overwrite) the file (be sure you have administrator rights), and also backup it for later use when you have problems again!
5. Reboot
6. After reboot go to the AI Suite and make a new fan profile.
7. Now go to C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles and backup your profile!
Everything runs OK now, but when you have problems again just simply put your FanCalibrationData.xml and profile just back into the folders and you’re done.