cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3

Esoteric02
Level 8

Hello,

Today I installed my new GPU, everything went very smooth until I opened AI Suite.

Previously I have been able to do two actions but now no longer.

1. Set custom fan curve to use GPU temperature instead of CPU temperature.

2. Switch GPU fan from "Auto" to "Smart" when I wish to game for constant running fans (custom fan curve) no matter the temperature, and back to "Auto" when I am not gaming for quieter running (no fans running).

Unfortunately these functions are not available.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AI Suite but still those functions are not available to me.

I am using AI Suite latest software version.

Currently I have abstained from gaming because I do not feel confident that my system will remain cool without using previously obtainable settings (custom fan curves), which after purchasing a top of the range GPU from Asus has me feeling somewhat disappointed on a number of levels.

System Hardware:

MB - Strix Z270F Gaming

GPU - ROG Strix 4090 OC

Please can anyone supply an explanation?

Is it something I have done or something needs configuring?

Are these functions no longer available with new GPU hardware?

Is there anyway I can regain the ability to customise my system fan curves described above and confidently game with this new hardware?

My biggest fear is I have just spent lots of hard earned money/savings to upgrade my GPU and I can no longer game with confidence that my system will remain cool under load. I do hope my loyalty to Asus has not been unwise.

Please help, and thank you in advance for any assistance given.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The right FanControl software is safe and reliable enough to use and is probably the most complete fan control software out there. JayzTwoCents made a video about it long back so there is a source for its credibility, you can access the download link from his channel too if you want to avoid fake links. To my shallow knowledge, an alternative way to control fans base on GPU tempt is using a controller that has case tempt sensor to do it indirectly.
I've been using for awhile and so far it's still working fine, i've already turned off other fan controlling applications/features for it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jimbo93
Level 12

Hello @Esoteric02, have you considered using GPU Tweak II or GPU Tweak III to control the GPU fans? I used to run AI Suite 3 and had similar control ability for my Dual RTX-3060 Ti, but I always used either the GeForce Experience software or GPU Tweak II to O/C the card and modify the cooling. AI Suite 3 is probably not going to be supported in some cases at this point but I can't confirm any of that its just a guess. The GPU Tweak programs should be on your graphics card support and download page at asus.com.

Thank you @Jimbo93 for your prompt reply.

I have not considered using GPU tweak because as I understand the function of that software is to Overclock my hardware.

I have no interest In overclocking, and I understand AI suite is used to OC my MB but have never used those functions, only using AI suite to set custom fan curves and enable/disable GPU fans depending on use.

Would I be able to set custom System fan curves with regard to GPU temperature in GPU tweak?

Additionally would I be able to enable/disable GPU fans depending on use?

Essentially I would love to have the exact level of control previously achievable via AI Suite, and If I can I am willing to learn GPU tweak the same way I became familiar with AI suite.

Again thank you so much for your reply.

I went and looked at the support and download page for the ROG-STRIX-RTX4090-O24G-GAMING model. GPU Tweak II is not there but Tweak III is. I haven't yet tried the Tweak III version, but I am like 99% sure it will do what you want.

I too was just taking a look at "GPU Tweak III" functionality, I got as far as reading about setting custom fan curves before seeing a notification regarding your reply.

I will continue to research GPU Tweak III and it's functions.

Thank you very much for your assistance, I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Esoteric02
Level 8

Update:

Unfortunately GPU Tweak III does not control MB connected system fans, In fact none of Asus software investigated controls MB connected System Fans with respect to GPU temperature.

Software Investigated:

1. GPU Tweak III.

2. Armoury Crate.

3. Fan Xpert 4.

Sadly after much research and investigation the only software I found to control MB connected system fan speeds with reference to GPU temperature is an independently developed Fan Control software available free from GitHub.

As you are no doubt aware software from such sources could be dangerous to install, therefore I am reluctant to use such software.

I find myself deeply disappointed with Asus for no longer allowing such a useful configuration to be used within their software packages, and disappointed in myself for my loyalty to Asus and purchase a very expensive GPU that I can not confidently use.

Since I have a few days left to return my GPU can anyone recommend a manufacture that I could purchase a MB and GPU that can indeed control MB connected system fans with reference to GPU temperature?

This MB connected system fan control feature is important to me and would even consider spending more to obtain such an ability, and I really hope such control is available from some other products.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can answer my question above.

The right FanControl software is safe and reliable enough to use and is probably the most complete fan control software out there. JayzTwoCents made a video about it long back so there is a source for its credibility, you can access the download link from his channel too if you want to avoid fake links. To my shallow knowledge, an alternative way to control fans base on GPU tempt is using a controller that has case tempt sensor to do it indirectly.
I've been using for awhile and so far it's still working fine, i've already turned off other fan controlling applications/features for it.

Thanks, FanControl functions beautifully.