cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3

HappyBuddhaman
Level 7
Just an FYI, Microsoft is saying AI Suite 3 will not work with Windows 10.

289 REPLIES 289

faridc wrote:
Mainly when I'm using it, working with Fan Xpert, changing curve profiles, moving from one fan to another.

No idea whats going on there. I've never seen that.

Latest BIOS and Fan Xpert version I presume?

JustinThyme
Level 13
Should be no issue with running a fan on a pump header. An electrical load is an electrical load. The only things that would change would be the amount of current going through that header which should have zero effect on tach feedback and control. In most instances the pump header will have zero power going though it as most pumps do not come powered of of a 4 pin header, they instead use a molex connector from the PSU then the only thing that connects to that header is 2 wires for PWM.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Should be no issue with running a fan on a pump header. An electrical load is an electrical load. The only things that would change would be the amount of current going through that header which should have zero effect on tach feedback and control. In most instances the pump header will have zero power going though it as most pumps do not come powered of of a 4 pin header, they instead use a molex connector from the PSU then the only thing that connects to that header is 2 wires for PWM.

Well, for whatever reason it was an issue. It was about every third or fourth reboot. Suddenly the Fan Xpert default curve assigned to the pump header would kick in, forcing me to reset my fan profile. Wasn't a big deal, it was just a case of re-selecting my saved profile. It was only that header affected.

Some kind of BIOS glitch that reinstated the stock pump header curve. Nothing to do with Fan Xpert, as I said. Fan Xpert just sends the settings to the BIOS. It does nothing unless you tell it to.

All good now.

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Ai Suite has been a nightmare lately.....I had to uninstall it again with my fresh build and clean install of Win 10 Pro Anniversary update on my 1TB 960 Evo...

No idea why Ai Suite is so broken now. It was causing lots of hard pagefaults and crashing / locking up.

quark54
Level 8
You should never run two temp monitoring utilities together. Given that both AiSuite and Corsair link do just that, maybe that's the issue.

hi guys,
i have a impact vi and win10
i`d installed ai suite 3 for win 10 from impact z97 download.
it wor fine but i don`t have any uninstaller in my pc..

i want to uninstall "push notice".. what i have to do?

So I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and guess what? *AI Suite won't work. I've decided to uninstall and go with hardware control of fans. So sad.*
The problem is with AI Suite 3, you never REALLY uninstall it, do you? *There are pieces of all over my new OS. It seems to even be affecting my BIOS.

So please, how to get rid of this terrible piece of software for good? *Thank you.

sabertooth Z87*
GTX 1080
Win10 pro*

WowMags wrote:
So I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and guess what? *AI Suite won't work. I've decided to uninstall and go with hardware control of fans. So sad.*
The problem is with AI Suite 3, you never REALLY uninstall it, do you? *There are pieces of all over my new OS. It seems to even be affecting my BIOS.

So please, how to get rid of this terrible piece of software for good? *Thank you.

sabertooth Z87*
GTX 1080
Win10 pro*

It's difficult even with the special ASUS uninstaller tool.
Tried several times and always failed and kept getting pop ups...etc.
You have to go "nuclear", meaning re-installing windows...at least that's what worked for me.

faridc wrote:
It's difficult even with the special ASUS uninstaller tool.
Tried several times and always failed and kept getting pop ups...etc.
You have to go "nuclear", meaning re-installing windows...at least that's what worked for me.

You guys should download "Autoruns" from Microsoft's Tech tools. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

It lets you bring up a GUI that shows registry entries, services, etc in a way that's easy to see lingering Asus Ai Suite processes and files. I used the generic uninstall combined with that and was able to cleanly remove Ai Suite 3 on Win 10 Pro and finally reboot like a sane person.

No way am I going back to Ai Suite unless Asus magically creates software that's 10x as stable with their next revision. What a nightmare it was trying to pinpoint Ai Suite 3 as the culprit on my X99-Deluxe II. Soooo many blue screens and epic fails when windows would try to auto-resolve. 😞

BB_Deluxe wrote:
You guys should download "Autoruns" from Microsoft's Tech tools. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

It lets you bring up a GUI that shows registry entries, services, etc in a way that's easy to see lingering Asus Ai Suite processes and files. I used the generic uninstall combined with that and was able to cleanly remove Ai Suite 3 on Win 10 Pro and finally reboot like a sane person.

No way am I going back to Ai Suite unless Asus magically creates software that's 10x as stable with their next revision. What a nightmare it was trying to pinpoint Ai Suite 3 as the culprit on my X99-Deluxe II. Soooo many blue screens and epic fails when windows would try to auto-resolve. 😞

The reality is that there is nothing wrong with the AI suite software. All of the stability issues were related to using outdated Intel MEI drivers. This fact proven with my testing beyond any shadow of a doubt.